CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Was the cricket guy on the plane with the West Ham fans?

Might sound like whataboutery but this is the racism victim, Azeem Rafiq, being a massive racist and hypocrite, only his racism is far more direct and offensive. 

20211118_174455.jpg

20211118_174117.jpg

asvaberg   
8 hours ago, Ham said:

20211118_174117.jpg

(Ps! warning: irony)

Hmmm - these two guys looks 100% identical to me - which one of them is Osama bin Laden?

paulw66   

It occurred to me this morning, that back when Ruud Gullit signed for us, the club sold dreadlock wigs in the megastore, and you could see them dotted about the ground at home games.

I guess if that happened now, it would be seen as cultural in-appropriation

Completely fail to see how dressing up as your hero in homage to their appearance is anything but complimentary 

Jasonb   
52 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It occurred to me this morning, that back when Ruud Gullit signed for us, the club sold dreadlock wigs in the megastore, and you could see them dotted about the ground at home games.

Completely fail to see how dressing up as your hero in homage to their appearance is anything but complimentary 

Yes an interesting point and with some of the Newcastle fans wearing tea towels around their heads it is difficult to know where the balance lies. 

Sciatika   

Maybe we should give people the benefit of the doubt and assume that they are well-meaning toward the club they support.

chara   
2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Yes an interesting point and with some of the Newcastle fans wearing tea towels around their heads it is difficult to know where the balance lies. 

Interesting thought..Balance.... there is no "balance" in Football....my disgruntled demeanor and snappy two day reaction after a Chelsea defeat is part of the spectrum with post match street "reactions" at one extreme and I guess the "ho hum" of the lesser spotted Chelsea fan in plastic at the other... 

Without commenting on the racist reaction discussion (a serious and disturbing issue.) it seems to me there is no longer room for spontaneous comment on anything due to the dangers of misinterpretation or the plain opportunism seen by some at the chance to be "woke" or whatever the buzz word is today...oh wait an apology..I mean no disrespect to animated screen characters...oh no....did I offend Bugsy..or gulp...Tinkerbell?...I had better stop before the black helicopters arrive..oh wait..I mean the colour neutral helicopters...oh wait......

Best I leave balance as a fashion shoe....oh wait....no disrespect to non fashion shoes...

Sigh...on second thoughts.... Mudda Fadda please disregard................

Edited by chara

On 19/11/2021 at 1:10 PM, paulw66 said:

And there was absolutely no racist intent and none seemed to have been taken. Some have an agenda to make it so.

I hate racism and Rafiq had my full support until it became public he was no better. The press has remained very quiet about his comments

chara   

The Mason Mount claims by sections of the Media lead to further evidence of Media malfeasance....The Citeh victory was against a "lifeless" Everton according to one outlet..the Chelsea victory was against a "flat" Leicester according to another..... how about Everton overwhelmed by Citeh or Leicester unable to play against the Chelsea pressure.?..or similar observations...

The subtle belittling or damning with faint praise approach.....

(Maybe I missed similar comments about the Liverpool win....?)

On 11/19/2021 at 0:10 PM, paulw66 said:

Bloomin Chelsea - first PL club to sack a black manager.

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Bloomin Chelsea - first PL club to sack a black manager.

Exactly!