CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

It would be very interesting to see where we would be now if he had stayed on a couple more seasons. Personally I was never more glad to see the back of a coach. I don't even know where he is now and care even less. 

Probably have Higuain leading our line while weighing 100+kgs.

No chance any of Reece, mount, trevoh, Tammy, tomori get a sniff. Would not be surprised if we got a lot of napoli's players here. Insigne, callejon and what nots. 

Totally agree with the general sentiment about sarri. Probably one of our most underwhelming manager appointments.

22 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Well this is also fan boy stuff but at least this isn't fan fiction, and it is good to point out that changes were introduced after the Juve game.  Pity they don't explain them.

For me they would be the ways that we step by step move through the gears from 3 men to 5 man attack, then add one of the CMs close behind, and one or two of the CBs move up alongside Jorginho and can break forward, and in particular the way we advance according to score, clock and the depth of the oppo block.

There was a piece in the Times today about Rangnick which quoted an interview they did with him back in early Feb 2020.  He said that 13 days into TT's reign, he could already see how the Chelsea players now had a clear plan for whenever they had the ball and a clear plan for whenever they didn't have it, and he expected Chelsea to continue to improve all the way to the end of the season.

21 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

But importantly the path to the first team is now also there: beaten, blazed and illuminated. The next talented teenager coming through the Chelsea ranks – say, Jude Soonsup-Bell or Harvey Vale – no longer resigns himself to a treadmill of meaningless pre-season friendlies and loans to Vitesse and Huddersfield. Knuckle down, show your worth and you too could be posing with the Champions League trophy in a sea of ticker tape and sweat.

Course not - they want to follow in the footsteps of Mount and Chalobah who made their Chelsea debuts a year after seasons at ....   Vitesse and Huddersfield.   Apparently the guy that wrote this won sports writer of the year 2021.

Yes, that is a proper journalistic howler. Let's ignore the years James, Mount, Chalobah, Abraham, Tomori, Guehi, Gallagher etc. have spent on loan and pretend there is now a clear path straight to the first team that misses that part out. Unbelievable from the SWOTY 2021.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2021 at 10:06 PM, Droy was my hero said:

It all happened before Frank - it all happened before Sarri who benefited much like Frank in not having to "gift minutes".  It happened somewhere between 2016 & 18.

On 28/11/2021 at 7:48 PM, Backbiter said:

Yes, that is a proper journalistic howler. Let's ignore the years James, Mount, Chalobah, Abraham, Tomori, Guehi, Gallagher etc. have spent on loan and pretend there is now a clear path straight to the first team that misses that part out. Unbelievable from the SWOTY 2021.

Bizarrely he does mention it earlier on the article, explaining that the groundwork had been laid years before Lampard by sending players put on loan. It just disappears at the end, when it's easier to peddle gibberish people want to read. 

So strange that it's 2021, Sarri has been gone for years and we've won a CL since and people still want to criticise him for not picking players who weren't here for him to pick. Just really odd behaviour.

11 hours ago, Ham said:

World's best football club. Official. 

Hidden twenty articles down on the Daily Mail online . Naturally . I wonder where it would be if Liverpool , Spurs or United ever won it? 

27 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

last line in Times report, overshadowed by Ronaldo spat with Pascal Ferre 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/885c6d2e-5154-11ec-a5fe-8f0d6a1c517d?shareToken=cbaa7806d7a684e232f2ee67dc6ce405

I don't know why we spend a penny on wining and dining the media on match days , If I were Roman I'd make them buy their own tickets and queue up for snacks like everyone else .