CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
13 minutes ago, chara said:

Media again at it's lowest level here....Saturday  the Denver Broncos lost the last game of the season...the third losing season under Fangio ...the previous game was a defeat also and after that result from an early very weak glow of "maybe" a change in Coach quickly turned into a Local Media driven firestorm of "Fire The Coach" in all but actual statement.

This morning Coach Fangio was sacked .........

Sigh.... either a Media "Campaign" nudged by the "Franchise"...or local Media feeding frenzy fully embraced by all local TV .........

(Yeah..I know... he should have stuck to racing cars!)

Spare a thought for someone who has followed the Washington (Redskins) Football Team since the 1980s.  

Slim pickings. Same crap every season. 

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

Spare a thought for someone who has followed the Washington (Redskins) Football Team since the 1980s.  

Glory hunter. Joe Theisman, Jon Riggins.. Early days of Ch4. Great team back then.

Ham   
36 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Glory hunter. Joe Theisman, Jon Riggins.. Early days of Ch4. Great team back then.

Channel 4 is why I started watching in the 80s and yes, I chose them as a glory hunter. 

Bad choice long term. 

36 minutes ago, Ham said:

Channel 4 is why I started watching in the 80s and yes, I chose them as a glory hunter. 

Bad choice long term. 

Could be worse, you could be a Liverpool fan.

chara   
35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Could be worse, you could be a Liverpool fan.

Nah...not possible Ham and ALL the usual suspects on here are genetically incapable of such abhorrent choices.

The curse of the true loyal supporter...one reason I can accept the Citeh turn around ..real fans like us Old G's (and the Young G's!).....who suffered the slings and arrows...

I had a corny phrase..for spoiled Daddy's dhds I had to put up with."If you want to drive the stage coach in the sunshine you have to be prepared to drive it in the rain."..they never failed to live down to my expectations!...just an aside....

Oh and I was sort of a Patriots guy back then...even wore their "uniform" top for training etc.....easily switched to the local "Franchise" but not with the emotional vulnerability of Chelsea fandom.....

Unlike UK all local TV feature Broncos programs midweek..........turned on Fangio ...a featured spot.....like a pack of dogs.....different country.. same instincts!

Edited by chara

Ham   

Is it just me or do ACON matches sound like really bad traffic jams?

It's unbearable.  

On 10/01/2022 at 8:49 AM, Ham said:

I started supporting the Redskins after the 1983 superbowl, cause of John Riggins. 

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Ham said:

It's unbearable.  

Careful. Ian Wright will call you a racist. 

chara   
21 hours ago, Ham said:

It's unbearable.  

Sigh...was determined to stay away from the slippery slope that Ham was gleefully offering the usual suspects.

Instant flashback to the construction many many years ago at the Hanger Lane /North Circular Rd junction..I of course broke down on the partial construction..the Bobby who assisted me gave a bemused look at the chaos around us and said something like "THEY have created a nightmare"..... not unlike the ACON stress on the major Leagues.

Keep wanting to say "ACORN"...must be going nuts...

Straight question...I know the worth of many of the players who have gone to the Competition but what is the real standard of a) ACON  b) African Football...appreciate wide ranging differences on the Continent.

Remember watching Salah playing for Egypt pre scouse....main tactic was knock it out to Salah on the wing and leave it to him.

ROTG   
34 minutes ago, chara said:

Keep wanting to say "ACORN"...must be going nuts

More likely you keep wanting to say ACORN because you are an antique 

RIP - Victoria Wood.