CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

5 hours ago, asvaberg said:

SKY and BBC - shame on you for not putting this a headline:

image.thumb.png.91d4eac0b36b9681dc08a6df09f9543a.png

I did see Emma Hayes' award mentioned in a BBC headline, but not Tuchel's. Weird.

Did you notice that Mendy was named by FIFA a the world's best keeper? But FIFA did not select him for their world XI.

asvaberg   
1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Did you notice that Mendy was named by FIFA a the world's best keeper? But FIFA did not select him for their world XI.

No, I didn't. Weird :)

But do they actually have a "World XI" ? I can't find it mentioned here:

https://www.fifa.com/the-best-fifa-football-awards

4 hours ago, asvaberg said:

No, I didn't. Weird :)

But do they actually have a "World XI" ? I can't find it mentioned here:

https://www.fifa.com/the-best-fifa-football-awards

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60031269

Chelsea's Edouard Mendy won the award for the Best Fifa men's goalkeeper after a successful first season with the club, including a clean sheet in the 1-0 win over Manchester City in the Champions League final.

As for the collective awards, Manchester City's Ruben Dias and Kevin de Bruyne joined Chelsea's N'Golo Kante and Jorginho, and Ronaldo, in the Best Fifa men's team of the year.

Men's world XI: Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan/PSG/Italy), David Alaba (Bayern Munich/Real Madrid/Austria), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus/Italy), Ruben Dias (Man City/Portugal), Kevin de Bruyne (Man City/Belgium), Jorginho (Chelsea/Italy), N'Golo Kante (Chelsea/France), Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus/Man Utd/Portugal), Erling Braut Haaland (Borussia Dortmund/Norway), Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich/Poland), Lionel Messi (Barcelona/PSG/Argentina).

Wonder if somehow Messi will still be winning awards after he retires. Seems to me nobody even bothers to check how and where he plays these days, they just name him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

That's FIFPRO. As I understand it's the players XI award.

I see. BBC said it was 'the best FIFA men's team'. Didn't mention Fifpro.

That would explain it 

I don't know where to put this but I've just seen on Twitter (I know) that the commercial manager for the independent laboratory responsible for the 13 Liverpool  false negative Covid tests that were statistically impossible  is Kenny Dalglish's daughter . I wonder if there's any truth in this ? 

Commercial Manager of the lab that returned Liverpool's 13 false positives: Kenny Dalglish's daughter. Rick Parry the current chairman of the EFL, who refused to investigate Liverpool: Former chief executive of Liverpool. Where is the outrage

Edited by Mark Kelly

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't know where to put this but I've just seen on Twitter (I know) that the commercial manager for the independent laboratory responsible for the 13 Liverpool  false negative Covid tests that were statistically impossible  is Kenny Dalglish's daughter . I wonder if there's any truth in this ? 

Commercial Manager of the lab that returned Liverpool's 13 false positives: Kenny Dalglish's daughter. Rick Parry the current chairman of the EFL, who refused to investigate Liverpool: Former chief executive of Liverpool. Where is the outrage

13 false positives............ I mean, they didn't even make it remotely believable / plausible. 

16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

13 false positives............ I mean, they didn't even make it remotely believable / plausible. 

Well, the FA obviously believed them, so it worked.

Magical Irony alert in the Daily Mail this morning from professional mentalist Chris "can't score won't score" Sutton who made Lukaku look like Maradona

Who's been the biggest disappointment?

SUTTON: Lukaku. I thought he'd be the difference and that Chelsea would be this season's title front-runners thanks to his goals but that hasn't happened. He has only scored twice in the Premier League since September and instead brought heat on his manager Thomas Tuchel after that unsolicited interview. So he's my disappointment of the season.

Edited by Mark Kelly