CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

bert19   
19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Magical Irony alert in the Daily Mail this morning from professional mentalist Chris "can't score won't score" Sutton who made Lukaku look like Maradona

Who's been the biggest disappointment?

SUTTON: Lukaku. I thought he'd be the difference and that Chelsea would be this season's title front-runners thanks to his goals but that hasn't happened. He has only scored twice in the Premier League since September and instead brought heat on his manager Thomas Tuchel after that unsolicited interview. So he's my disappointment of the season.

Good grief. That's bold. 

paulw66   
36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Magical Irony alert in the Daily Mail this morning from professional mentalist Chris "can't score won't score" Sutton who made Lukaku look like Maradona

Who's been the biggest disappointment?

SUTTON: Lukaku. I thought he'd be the difference and that Chelsea would be this season's title front-runners thanks to his goals but that hasn't happened. He has only scored twice in the Premier League since September and instead brought heat on his manager Thomas Tuchel after that unsolicited interview. So he's my disappointment of the season.

I'm not going to bother defending RL recent performances, but the stat around goals since September needs some context in terms of missing October, November and half of December with injury and illness. 

And from a man, who managed 1 league goal in the season he was with us. 

RDCW   
19 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Chris Sutton is one of our biggest ever disappointments, let alone after half a season.

Well qualified to judge then 😉

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Chris Sutton is one of our biggest ever disappointments, let alone after half a season.

Chris Sutton is a crap pundit and even crappier striker, he stole a living out of us.  Lukaku has been poor thus far, but if we put a plank front instead of Sutton, the plank would have done a better job.  The SPL was Sutton's true level.

So now a club has to have 4 covid cases to cancel a match-of course we have been forced to play through whilst they get their act together and Liverpool and arsenal amongst others benefitted from the lack of rules in place...can't quite call it corruption but the apple is rotten

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

So now a club has to have 4 covid cases to cancel a match-of course we have been forced to play through whilst they get their act together and Liverpool and arsenal amongst others benefitted from the lack of rules in place...can't quite call it corruption but the apple is rotten

Quite simply, this rule, or a variant of it, should have been in place from match 1. 

COVID had been around for over a year by the time this season started. How difficult would it have been to put some simple parameters in place?

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

An amazing event considering there's two Frank Lampard assassination articles as well today 

Looks like Chelsea V Newcastle in March is our last TV outing for the foreseeable future . I hope we overtake their favourites and stick it to SKY .