CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

asvaberg   

Liverpool's Broadcast Corporation :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Liverpool's Broadcast Corporation :)

The clues are there, an ex liverpool player does the weekly predictions (with obvious bias) and the main feature writer is from merseyside (if not a liverpool fan he favours both) and every tenuous link to liverpool is used in their match feeds and articles.

14 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

_20220203_223839.thumb.JPG.0f013d40368541b17e5d894fc1d20ee8.JPG

What is wrong with this? Two clubmates playing against each other, especially two well known for playing exceptionally well in tandem with each other, in the final is a legitimate point of interest, and Salah and Mane are two of very few players to have competed in the tournament that your average BBC Football reader will have ever heard of. 

I never see the point of inventing a pro-Liverpool bias where there isn't one. There are so many genuine examples to point to that it is a waste of energy.

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Hope Mendy has a good game.

Yup.

Glad Mane and Salah have gone the distance and maximising their non Liverpool minutes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

What is wrong with this? Two clubmates playing against each other, especially two well known for playing exceptionally well in tandem with each other, in the final is a legitimate point of interest, and Salah and Mane are two of very few players to have competed in the tournament that your average BBC Football reader will have ever heard of. 

I never see the point of inventing a pro-Liverpool bias where there isn't one. There are so many genuine examples to point to that it is a waste of energy.

Well perhaps, it brings up the point of whether 10-15 years ago the BBC referred to teams as "Drogba's Ivory Coast", "Essien's Ghana" and "Mikel's Nigeria" in the same way? Of course editorial team and outlook may different since then, but I wonder?

I just googled it and there is a line in a BBC article from 2020 about the Togo team bus attack in 2010 that says: "Drogba's Ivory Coast and Michael Essien's Ghana were drawn in the same pool."

Perhaps I was too hasty! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

chara   

Away from the present theme here (and you can never be "Too Hasty " CM!)...tipping my hat to "Innocent Until Proved Guilty" but I can't help comparing the media handling of JT to the High Courts for a "lip reading" accusation during a particularly brutal game ...not making light of any issue ...  to the two ( add one other !) Manchester based players accused of real sickening abusive criminal behaviour.

11 hours ago, Liquidator said:

Steven Gerrards Aston Villa.... Anyone heard this ......Yawn....

Frank Lampard's Derby County and now Everton :)

17 hours ago, chara said:

Away from the present theme here (and you can never be "Too Hasty " CM!)...tipping my hat to "Innocent Until Proved Guilty" but I can't help comparing the media handling of JT to the High Courts for a "lip reading" accusation during a particularly brutal game ...not making light of any issue ...  to the two ( add one other !) Manchester based players accused of real sickening abusive criminal behaviour.

All of the hate towards JT is from rival fans who are finding something to stick the knife in with, grasping for straws, jealous their teams didn't have John Terrys of their own.