CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

paulw66   
13 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

The coverage of this is plain stupid. It would be a massive conflict of interest for Gallagher to play. Neither we or Crystal Palace should be wanting to put him in that position. 

Exactly. And it's not like it's the first time this has happened either. Imagine any of these scenarios and how it might pan out....

1. Gallagher misses an easy chance to win the game for CP in the last minute..........."he did it on purpose!!!"

2. Gallagher makes a mistake leading to a Chelsea goal...........as above

3. Gallagher accidentally injures a Chelsea player badly in a tackle

4. Gallagher scores the winner against Chelsea

In 1 and 2, he would never do those things on purpose, but it would hang over him for a period of time

In 3 and 4, not exactly a great way to try and launch a Chelsea career. He'd be on the back foot before he started

Then of course the media would absolutely love it and go on about what a mistake chelsea had made

32 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Then of course the media would absolutely love it and go on about what a mistake chelsea had made

Why ? Why? Why? did Chelsea do this to themselves on our insistence ?

paulw66   
52 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Yes.........the question would be flipped very quickly to make us look like idiots.

This has happened before. I cannot remember which game or the clubs involved, but I am sure a loan player was allowed to play and scored against his parent club.

Anyone remember the occasion? 

bert19   
20 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

This has happened before. I cannot remember which game or the clubs involved, but I am sure a loan player was allowed to play and scored against his parent club.

Anyone remember the occasion? 

Coutinho scored for Bayern against Barca in the 8-2 game and Courtois played in goal for Atletico against us.  But that was CL, so guessing the rules are different.  

Either way, it didn't work out well for the parent club.

Sciatika   

Thibaut Courtois made an important save against Chelsea while on loan to Atletico in 2014.