CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

paulw66   
46 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

This has happened before. I cannot remember which game or the clubs involved, but I am sure a loan player was allowed to play and scored against his parent club.

Anyone remember the occasion? 

In the Premier league, it used to be up to the two clubs whether they could play or not. then, this happened.........

44 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Shearer mentioned Lua-Lua scoring for Portsmouth v Newcastle. Very costly for Newcastle I think.

......and the next season, the PL changed the rules so that it was forbidden (circa 2003)

25 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Coutinho scored for Bayern against Barca in the 8-2 game and Courtois played in goal for Atletico against us.  But that was CL, so guessing the rules are different.  

Either way, it didn't work out well for the parent club.

He came on a long time after the game was "done" but still a poor look, paying 100m+ for a player and he scores against you  

23 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Fernando Morientes vs Real Madrid...

This was back in 2004 I think when we ended up playing Monaco and he destroyed us 

8 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Thibaut Courtois made an important save against Chelsea while on loan to Atletico in 2014.

In the CL, the parent club cannot forbid a player from playing against them. It has happened many times. 

In 2005, if we had got past Liverpool, we'd have been lining up against Crespo. 

Edit - in the domestic cups, it is down to the parent club whether or not they will allow it. 

Edited by paulw66

bert19   
6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Edit - in the domestic cups, it is down to the parent club whether or not they will allow it. 

Which we absolutely shouldn't and Palace no doubt knew that when we loaned him there. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not so for the FA Cup. Rules were changed last year to forbid it. If Palace genuinely did ask Chelsea, it was a stupid request made of the wrong people.

JaneB   
On 11/04/2022 at 10:46 AM, Bob Singleton said:

How did Van Dijk get in that team? Was in a side that conceded two goals, didn't contribute to his own side's goals, lacked leadership and got booked.

On 11/04/2022 at 10:54 AM, Mark Kelly said:

Contractual obligation? 

Before I had to turn the commentary down because I couldn't take any more of Tyler, Carragher and Neville, Van Dijk committed a foul and Tyler goes "Ah Van Dijk, as uncompromising as ever".  If that had been one of ours, he would have said "Ooh, ............ wants to watch himself with fouls like that so early in the game".

I concede that VVD is a good defender but personally he gives me the creeps.

ROTG   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Not so for the FA Cup. Rules were changed last year to forbid it. If Palace genuinely did ask Chelsea, it was a stupid request made of the wrong people.

Palace would probably have to ask the government