CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

14 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

The Guardian still thinks Steinberg is an appropriate person to write about us. They must have insisted he doesn't wish career-ending injuries on our players or mock the death of board members.

BBC lunchtime news just now:

" Liverpool chasing trophy number two this season, Chelsea looking to spoil their party".

FFS.

10 hours ago, Backbiter said:

BBC lunchtime news just now:

" Liverpool chasing trophy number two this season, Chelsea looking to spoil their party".

FFS.

Just saw on another site "Will Tuchel be counting his chickens that Abramovich is no longer in charge at Chelsea?
Trophyless season has usually meant the boot in the Russkie era."

If The Dippers had won the Super Cup and the World Club championship, would the BBC be saying the FA Cup was their second trophy this season?

It seems noone noticed us winning stuff this year. (Apart from Craig Burley, who cringed at us celebrating them)

Jasonb   

Ah to be fair although it is nice to win the whole suit of cups, I didn't really take much notice of Utd when they won the World Club championship.

I don't like Johnathan Wilson but this was good today:

On Saturday, César Azpilicueta’s penalty clipped the outside of your left-hand post and went wide, and immediately Thiago Alcântara’s effort nudged the inside of your right-hand post and went in. If either had been three inches the other way, the outcome would have been different and Édouard Mendy’s save from Sadio Mané – the great psychodrama between international teammates, which Jürgen Klopp acknowledged he had needlessly complicated by telling Mané not to go with his usual approach – would have won the final for Chelsea.

And had that happened, how different the aftermath would have felt, how different the emotions on Sunday morning. What a sense that goalframe must have of the arbitrariness of human destiny, how life can teeter on a knife edge before taking a decisive plunge in one direction or the other.

He then immediately reverts to type:

If Chelsea had won, we would now be talking of a spirit born of adversity – albeit an adversity characteristic of football’s age of high decadence, the crisis of oligarchal funding being turned off when the invasion of a sovereign state on the other side of the continent finally persuades people that merrily lapping up cash from this highly litigious associate of a brutal authoritarian leader might not quite be on.

I would avoid the rest, which is his usual pretentious, pompous sh!te.

Edited by Backbiter

Holymoly   

And of course very little said about the Scum booing the national anthem. What was it that Klopp said in their defense? "They must have had a reason for it" !!! Well yes, I suppose they did, they're all cnuts. However, Klopp?? FFS!!!

Thank goodness we lost the game otherwise this and the one legged Chelsea supporter defending himself against an entire trainload of dippers would have a media frenzy descending on us to petition HMG to have the result overturned.

4 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

And of course very little said about the Scum booing the national anthem. What was it that Klopp said in their defense? "They must have had a reason for it" !!! Well yes, I suppose they did, they're all cnuts. However, Klopp?? FFS!!!

Thank goodness we lost the game otherwise this and the one legged Chelsea supporter defending himself against an entire trainload of dippers would have a media frenzy descending on us to petition HMG to have the result overturned.

Its top story on the Mail online now so the cat which Sky very much ignore is well out of the bag. 

Sky have written us put of the CL qualification story. I don't think they mentioned us once tonight and even when they showed the table after the game they failed to point out what Arsenal's defeat means for us.

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Sky have written us put of the CL qualification story. I don't think they mentioned us once tonight and even when they showed the table after the game they failed to point out what Arsenal's defeat means for us.

Wel, to be fair we hardly qualified with aplomb. Rather, attemptimg to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, we finally stumbled over the line after almost falling flat on our faces. Much work to be done over the summer. 😂