CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Is it worth considering a media thread which also shows the blatant bias towards other clubs and their clear hatred towards us?

Isn't that what we already have here in the Media/Press thread?

Ooh we can start today! Two articles in the Daily Fail , first one

" How I bypassed Mourinho to get Romans blessing and it was all about wanting to play for Wenger"

Second

"Who's best Cech or Courtois? We ask former Spurs keeper Pat Jennings".

Guess who won that? And guess who was best at commanding the area?

The "Campaign" has re-commenced.

Ham   

Ooh we can start today! Two articles in the Daily Fail , first one

" How I bypassed Mourinho to get Romans blessing and it was all about wanting to play for Wenger"

Second

"Who's best Cech or Courtois? We ask former Spurs keeper Pat Jennings".

Guess who won that? And guess who was best at commanding the area?

The "Campaign" has re-commenced.

To be fair,and based on achievement, Cech wins hands down. However if asked ten years from now.........

To be fair,and based on achievement, Cech wins hands down. However if asked ten years from now.........

Of course but....Who's better at commanding their area and Cech won?????

Mind you , same paper had Kieran Gibbs as a better left back than Azpillicueta so....

My point being that whatever parameters they apply to our Team, Manager, owner and support they find us lacking.

We never get a fair crack of the whip.

Really good to have Zoowra on board with Citeh, thanks to him for that and it seems we now only 1 more volunteer for the Arse. Any takers?

Every time I turn an Arsenal match on they seem to score (unless it's against us, of course) so it's a no from me, but I'd be happy to retrieve and record video from Sky/MOTD, etc.

What gets me more though is when the media whip up a storm after a Chelsea incident (Ramires vs WBA, 'Swan Lake', Costa 'Crimes', etc) - absolutely castigate us, and in the weeks that follow, other teams do exactly the same and barely get a mention - or even worse, pundits go out of their way to absolve them of any blame (sometimes with pointless freeze frames that prove nothing and *** analysis in the face of the obvious).

Khobar   

Every time I turn an Arsenal match on they seem to score (unless it's against us, of course) so it's a no from me, but I'd be happy to retrieve and record video from Sky/MOTD, etc.

What gets me more though is when the media whip up a storm after a Chelsea incident (Ramires vs WBA, 'Swan Lake', Costa 'Crimes', etc) - absolutely castigate us, and in the weeks that follow, other teams do exactly the same and barely get a mention - or even worse, pundits go out of their way to absolve them of any blame (sometimes with pointless freeze frames that prove nothing and *** analysis in the face of the obvious).

Wow, were they really saying that was a penalty?

Isn't that what we already have here in the Media/Press thread?

Not really, this is a 430 page thread that discusses pretty much anything.

I'm talking about a condensed version to run simultaneously alongside the other threads people are going to start. No comments discussing everything just all the articles and what not for comparison.

Obviously not everyone thinks it's worth doing.

Edited by Hazardous

Khobar   

Not really, this is a 430 page thread that discusses pretty much anything.

I'm talking about a condensed version to run simultaneously alongside the other threads people are going to start. No comments discussing everything just all the articles and what not for comparison.

Obviously not everyone thinks it's worth doing.

I think it would be difficult as there are less obvious points of reference such as penalties, sendings off etc. but you're right in that Chelsea appear to get he sh1**y end of the stick where the media is concerned. And it's certainly worth keeping an eye on.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about, it happens all the time and I think it's a lot of the reason why we get such a bad time from refs. They get away with it even when its blatantly wrong as the media will turn it round so it's always our fault.

Costa and Skrtel last year are prime examples.