DDRickyDD

Non Chelsea: League Football.

Jasonb   

Looks to me like City have turned a corner.

De Bruyne's form is rapidly improving, John Stones with Rueben Dias besides him locks rejuvenated.

Cancelo looks a class act and Fernandinho is looking fit again.

Yet with all the above it took two set pieces to overcome Utd.

35 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Looks to me like City have turned a corner.

De Bruyne's form is rapidly improving, John Stones with Rueben Dias besides him locks rejuvenated.

Cancelo looks a class act and Fernandinho is looking fit again.

Yet with all the above it took two set pieces to overcome Utd.

We appear to be the catalyst for this kind of thing. 

33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I suspect a lot of these clubs only appeared to be performing badly, because they hadn't played Chelsea yet.

18 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I suspect a lot of these clubs only appeared to be performing badly, because they hadn't played Chelsea yet.

I still look forward to Arsenal being hit with a dose of reality in their upcoming games. They are getting happy about results against us in relegation form and 2 relegation fodder teams. 

Jasonb   
5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes and it is disappointing too.

Colin W***er sacked by Middlesborough.  Good riddance say I.  Over-hyped, overrated self seving dinosaur. If any club has any sense they will overlook him as their new manager.

1 hour ago, blueandproud said:

Colin W***er sacked by Middlesborough.  Good riddance say I.  Over-hyped, overrated self seving dinosaur. If any club has any sense they will overlook him as their new manager.

"Mutual consent" they say.  So who will he rescue next?  Newcastle or Norwich?

22 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

"Mutual consent" they say.  So who will he rescue next?  Newcastle or Norwich?

Who has he ever kept up in the Prem?  He's basically the opposite of a Sam Allardyce or Tony Pulis, Warnock has never been great IMHO.

1 hour ago, blueandproud said:

Who has he ever kept up in the Prem?  He's basically the opposite of a Sam Allardyce or Tony Pulis, Warnock has never been great IMHO.

To be fair he has had 8 promotions in his career.  So we saw him get relegated with say Sheffield united - but Sheffield U fans saw him manage for 8 seasons from Div 1 into the championship to one season in the prem  (with Neil Shipperly leading the line at one point).

I'm not a fan, though I do wonder what might have happened if Bates had hired Warnock, as he had planned, instead of Hoddle all those years ago.
But I think his record is a little more mixed than you suggest.

41 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

To be fair he has had 8 promotions in his career.  So we saw him get relegated with say Sheffield united - but Sheffield U fans saw him manage for 8 seasons from Div 1 into the championship to one season in the prem  (with Neil Shipperly leading the line at one point).

I'm not a fan, though I do wonder what might have happened if Bates had hired Warnock, as he had planned, instead of Hoddle all those years ago.
But I think his record is a little more mixed than you suggest.

No Ruud Gullit, and therefore no Zola and no Vialli either.

Hoddle is an awful pundit, but having him as manager attracted one "super star" which attracted others afterwards. That led to FA Cups and a Cup Winners Cup, better and better managers, CL qualification and ultimately Abramovich buying the club

• Like 1