Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

Chrisb   

That was probably the strangest penalty decision ever. Reece James had only been on for about a minute too!

24 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

That was probably the strangest penalty decision ever. Reece James had only been on for about a minute too!

It's amazing , losing 1-0 away to a hilariously soft penalty doesn't actually sum up how desperately awful England are , slow,  lumpen , turgid football with no width or midfield inspiration whatsoever . I missed half time so don't know if Mount is still on but it wouldn't surprise me as he was virtually invisible in the first half anyway 

Southgate has to go , he's always been clueless but the nans like him so he gets a free pass .

Chrisb   
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's amazing , losing 1-0 away to a hilariously soft penalty doesn't actually sum up how desperately awful England are , slow,  lumpen , turgid football with no width or midfield inspiration whatsoever . I missed half time so don't know if Mount is still on but it wouldn't surprise me as he was virtually invisible in the first half anyway 

Southgate has to go , he's always been clueless but the nans like him so he gets a free pass .

They were utter shite. Mount went off but nothing changed with any of the subs. Could easily have been 3 nil to Hungary.

Floyd25   

Officiating gets worse in football every year it seems, not sure why exactly. Of coarse VAR doesn’t overturn it because they don’t want to upset the referee, that’s where we’re at in football now, a circus. 

Floyd25   

Gareth is a good PR man for the FA and the media love him, they’re more focused with off field issues and he’s seemingly better at being a politician than a football manager. In fact we’ve managed to completely politicise the national team, brilliant.

He’s taken us far in two competitions because he’s been given easy groups to navigate, brilliant. A risk adverse, negative manager that’s blown two opportunities to win trophies because he’s so defensive minded, brilliant. The media patting him on the back because of the failures of past managers, again brilliant.

Maybe we’ll wake up and get rid after the World Cup, or maybe we’ll give him a knighthood for getting through the group stages. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest somewhere. 

47 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Gareth is a good PR man for the FA and the media love him, they’re more focused with off field issues and he’s seemingly better at being a politician than a football manager. In fact we’ve managed to completely politicise the national team, brilliant.

He’s taken us far in two competitions because he’s been given easy groups to navigate, brilliant. A risk adverse, negative manager that’s blown two opportunities to win trophies because he’s so defensive minded, brilliant. The media patting him on the back because of the failures of past managers, again brilliant.

Maybe we’ll wake up and get rid after the World Cup, or maybe we’ll give him a knighthood for getting through the group stages. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest somewhere. 

I agree wholeheartedly.

• Like 1

Chrisb   

He might as well be a cardboard cut-out for all the sense his interviews make. He blamed the heat for the poor performance, I reckon it’ll be hotter in Qatar so he’s used that one early. He reminds me of an English teacher I had at school, very well spoken but just waffles a load of meaningless sh*t. 

chara   

Thanks guys....was torn earlier as to whether I was prepared to ppv for the game...somehow over here this whatever it's called "Tournament" has slipped out of the mainstream streaming (sigh).

The above posts make me sure I made the right decision not to pay extra.

Chrisb   
5 hours ago, chara said:

Thanks guys....was torn earlier as to whether I was prepared to ppv for the game...somehow over here this whatever it's called "Tournament" has slipped out of the mainstream streaming (sigh).

The above posts make me sure I made the right decision not to pay extra.

You’d have been livid if you’d had to pay to watch that! One of the poorest England displays (and there’s been quite a few over the years!) I’ve seen for some time.