Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

chara   
9 hours ago, Chrisb said:

You’d have been livid if you’d had to pay to watch that! One of the poorest England displays (and there’s been quite a few over the years!) I’ve seen for some time. 

Thanks Chris...I still feel a bit guilty that I covered the Euro Cup FA Cup Carabao Cup Internationals and EPL with subscriptions to four streaming services but this one not covered.

Reading across the fan responses elsewhere it seems to have been a pretty dire display,,even my sister in Scotland commented on how annoying it all was.

What on Earth were the Powers thinking shoehorning in another "Competition" in a WC year so soon after the end of an exhausting season for all the players.

If the aim..yeah right..was to give WC warm up etc then far better to allow National admins to arrange friendlies etc allowing for rest and recovery for the top players

The only good (?) thing (cathartic) is that such an underwhelming display gives the agenda driven fans ammunition to slate their fave "waster".Must be said though, the condemnation of Gareth,,formely known as Sir Gareth... was constant and consistent across all the media boards.

Ham   
31 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Typical us, we'll finally get there after 64 years but we're making kids of a war torn nation cry.

It's bad enough your club side invaded the poor country in the first place 😬

5 hours ago, Ham said:

It's bad enough your club side invaded the poor country in the first place 😬

Yes. I don't think they like me.

Watching England V Italy .

If we spend more than £20m on Sterling we're mental , his finishing is dreadful , almost as bad as Mounts .

Rob B   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Watching England V Italy .

If we spend more than £20m on Sterling we're mental , his finishing is dreadful , almost as bad as Mounts .

Agree on Sterling.  Re Mount, I thought he was much better tonight playing centrally as everything went through him.  Last few showings for England playing left forward he’s been really poor.  Hopefully he’s rested  for the Hungary game on Tuesday and can actually have a break - that was his 62nd game of the season. 

Ham   
1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Agree on Sterling.  Re Mount, I thought he was much better tonight playing centrally as everything went through him.  Last few showings for England playing left forward he’s been really poor.  Hopefully he’s rested  for the Hungary game on Tuesday and can actually have a break - that was his 62nd game of the season. 

Agreed. Best player on the pitch while he was on.  Covered every inch of the pitch. Knitted everything together. Never missed a pass. 

Grealish proving once more that all he's good for is a cameo. 

Sciatika   

Grealish works as a big fish in a small sea. I have yet to see much evidence that he is consistently good against better opposition.

37 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Grealish works as a big fish in a small sea. I have yet to see much evidence that he is consistently good against better opposition.

I've yet to see much evidence that he's half the player that the media make him out to be. Thankfully, he doesn't play for us!

• Like 1

Ham   
3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I've yet to see much evidence that he's half the player that the media make him out to be. Thankfully, he doesn't play for us!

I swear that half of his appeal amongst England fans and the media is that he isn't Mason Mount.