cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Sir   

So what's this from Jose? We can only concentrate now on the FA Cup as we already have won the league title? Even by his standards that's rather laughable.

paulw66   
On 2/19/2017 at 11:02 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Just to clarify - you are a grown man with a full set of fingers to count on and you still think there are no more options this season than last.  Oh well - its your credibility.

Before you start being so patronising, let's look at it closer. 

If we ignore the GK situation, as that is unchanged, and we ignore all of those who were here for the whole of last year and this year : Cahill, JT, Azpi, Zouma, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Willian, Costa, Pedro, RLC

That leaves the differences being:

2015/16  - Ivanovic, Baba, Mikel, Oscar, Ramires*, Falcao, Remy, Pato* - 8 players, two of which were here half a season

2016/17 - Ivanovic*, Luiz, Ake*, Moses, Kante, Oscar*, Mikel*, Chalobah, Alonso, Batschuyai - 10 players, four of which were here half a season. So 6 each full term, and 2 vs 4 half season players.........tell me if I am missing someone

Hardly much difference. Meanwhile, the more you think about it, the options thing is a red herring as Conte is picking the from the same 12 every week, only Pedro and Willian interchanging. 

The bigger difference is less games because of Europe 

Edited by paulw66

Sea foot   
48 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Edit: I really hate to be that guy, but the whole situation basically rammed home why females shouldn't be involved in men's football. People swear, they shout at each other, you will feel unfairly treated. If you can't handle it then I'm sorry but you're in the wrong business. 

Just like say that I'm always happy to see Sian  Massey-Ellis run the line. I have to say that I've not seen her give a bad call. Not saying she hasn't but I feel more confident with her than some of the male counterparts.

6 hours ago, Sir said:

So what's this from Jose? We can only concentrate now on the FA Cup as we already have won the league title? Even by his standards that's rather laughable.

I accept it is a rather wet compliment - but it is a compliment nonetheless - and quite accurate too.

I can see why anyone would get offended by it, or that any Man U fan would see it as giving up on the PL title too early.

7 hours ago, Sir said:

oooo, he is pushing it isn't he with the backhanders.

Sciatika   
22 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Just like say that I'm always happy to see Sian  Massey-Ellis run the line. I have to say that I've not seen her give a bad call. Not saying she hasn't but I feel more confident with her than some of the male counterparts.

This

Baloo   
23 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Have to agree with that, she should get the whistle.

kev61   

My son who is doing a post grad degree In Sheffield tells me I am too aggressive in my replies,a typical psycho!ogy student!

xCELERYx   

At the end of the day it shouldn't really matter what was said. The bottom line is that it was highly unprofessional by Mourinho. Every individual is going to react differently to the same situation, doesn't make the offenders actions any less excusable. Just because football is male dominated doesn't mean others who identify differently are to be excluded, or have to tolerate unsavoury behaviour by other employees or such. They're equally as entitled to participate in the game across a variety of roles. And hopefully more do so in the future, and the game doesn't lose out on people like Eva who excel in what they do. 

Edited by zaffo