cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Cassillas - JM.

It seems that Cassillas has already fallen out with CA. That takes some doing.

Perhaps JM wasn't 100% to blame in that relationship going sour after all!!!!!!!!

There have been quiet, persistent rumours about Casillas and his attitude for quite some time. If anything, JM was simply the first to not take his sh*t. A big call to make but an easier one for Carlo to follow.

Funny how Terry got Mourinho the sack but Jose deserved all he got for taking Casillas down a peg.

Edited by thevelourfog

It would be a lot easier to understand if people accept that Casillas isn't half as good as is made out at times.

bert19   

There have been quiet, persistent rumours about Casillas and his attitude for quite some time. If anything, JM was simply the first to not take his sh*t. A big call to make but an easier one for Carlo to follow.

Funny how Terry got Mourinho the sack but Jose deserved all he got for taking Casillas down a peg.

I used to know a girl who went to school with Casillas (and her Dad has some sort of director position at Real afterwards) and she told me years ago that Casillas is basically just up himself and a bit of an all-round knob.

He's certainly not doing much to prove her wrong either, that's for sure.

Siven   

I used to know a girl who went to school with Casillas (and her Dad has some sort of director position at Real afterwards) and she told me years ago that Casillas is basically just up himself and a bit of an all-round knob.

He's certainly not doing much to prove her wrong either, that's for sure.

I'm pretty sure most footballers are. You're whole life people have been raving about your skill and how good you'll eventually be. Hard to not get used to people treating you a certain way.

JayD   

I'm pretty sure most footballers are. You're whole life people have been raving about your skill and how good you'll eventually be. Hard to not get used to people treating you a certain way.

I've met most of the Chelsea squad, the only players I've ever met who came across like this was Sturridge (and the rest of his family) and Ballack. That doesn't just go for us either, met players from other clubs who weren't this way.

bert19   

I've met most of the Chelsea squad, the only players I've ever met who came across like this was Sturridge (and the rest of his family) and Ballack. That doesn't just go for us either, met players from other clubs who weren't this way.

Also heard a story about Ballack describing him as "everything you'd want him to be if you met him as a fan" but that he is essentially rather arrogant otherwise and not particularly someone worth talking to if you aren't in awe of him being Michael Ballack.

I was told that by a German lady who is friends with one of Bayern's current first XI the night before the final in Munich (you know, the one we won and whatnot).

Edited by bert19

Wow, what an interesting, and entertaining, press conference this afternoon.

If Willian comes one will leave, probably on loan. Who?

Confirmation that Jose wants a squad of 22 senior players plus kids. One in, one out won't bring us down to 22 seniors. Who else goes and which kids are in the frame?

This arithmetic suggests that someone else will leave if Rooney arrives. Probably easier to guess who in this case.

Controversial perhaps but I felt there were enough clues for us to be able to draw the inference that Luiz wants to leave. Barcelona, Latin player, never!

More controversially, what seemed to me like a less convinced, and convincing, trotting out of the Mata is not for sale line. Worrying.

Definitely a press conference that was more worth watching than most.

Edited by Bridgejunky

Confirmation that Jose wants a squad of 22 senior players plus kids.

I interpreted it as 22 outfield players, which is what we currently have. One-in, one-out there.

Can't say that I picked up on anything you inferred. If anything, I felt he used the opportunity the Luiz question offered to talk about someone other than David Luiz. And I can't see how the Mata denial was worrying.

Is this really how people analyzed Lamps' game in his prime? To me, Lamps will always be remembered as an amazingly fit individual with the ability to operate box to box for 90mins and find space/goal-scoring opportunities by arriving late into the box unmarked. Lamps was always a very gifted passer of the ball as well. KdB's game, as far as I'm concerned, doesn't match that description at all. I genuinely don't think we'll be seeing a "young Lamps" anytime soon.

The things that stand out to me when it comes to Lamps has always been his power and technique when it comes to striking a football, and his stamina. He and KDB both have fantastic ability with pretty much every sort of shot and pass, and always seem to get plenty of power. I'd say Lamps is the superior marksman at range and KDB the better crosser, but yeah, they seem quite similar to me.

It'll be interesting to see what Jose does, having Willian. I think either KDB or Oscar will only play centrally now, either advanced or deep.

The things that stand out to me when it comes to Lamps has always been his power and technique when it comes to striking a football, and his stamina. He and KDB both have fantastic ability with pretty much every sort of shot and pass, and always seem to get plenty of power. I'd say Lamps is the superior marksman at range and KDB the better crosser, but yeah, they seem quite similar to me.

It'll be interesting to see what Jose does, having Willian. I think either KDB or Oscar will only play centrally now, either advanced or deep.

I agree and maybe KdB hasnt had the chance for us to know if he is box to box as he was out wider but his kicking and willingness to try a shot works for me