cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

id sooner take pardew over pelligrini if your talking about taking a manager from a premiership club or even koeman, better manager for me and has some tendencies that would win over the support

Yep. Pards' sides play as a team, everyone knows their jobs and they have fantastic spirit. I'd not say no to him at ours at all but I think it'll be Simeone.

Not wishing to be the harbinger of doom, but I can see only 2 possible outcomes:

1) Guus' revival sees us rise like a phoenix from the flames to challenge for 4th in the next 3 months. Unfortunately, us beating Utd on 28th sees van Gaal sacked and JM goes to Utd and secures them that 4th place.

Or,

2) There is not much of a revival at all and JM still goes to Utd and ends up lifting the title in May...

I can't see even Jose on a good day getting a title win out of that squad, city should win it still, but pipping us to top 4 is a given as I don't think even with a title winning run of form we would make top 4.

Better to concentrate on the cups and blood the youth as much as poss in the league imo

Duncan Castles seems to think we're already discussing a pre-contract with Pelligrini:

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/chelsea-line-up-manuel-pellegrini-as-Mourinho-s-replacement-122015

"Chelsea have lined up Manchester City coach Manuel Pellegrini as a permanent replacement for Jose Mourinho. In a succession plan drawn up by the Premier League club's technical director Michael Emenalo, Pellegrini will move from Manchester City to Stamford Bridge in the summer at the end of Guus Hiddink's second spell as Chelsea's caretaker coach.

In contrast to other leading candidates for the Chelsea post, the expectation is that Pellegrini can be recruited without paying compensation to his current employers as City's intention is to replace the Chilean with Pep Guardiola at the end of this season.

According to senior Chelsea sources, financial terms have already been discussed with Pellegrini's representatives and a pre-contract deal put in place. Abramovich is also understood to be considering installing Didier Drogba as one of Pellegrini's assistants, with the hugely popular former Chelsea striker already on record about an agreement to return to the club in a coaching capacity after his spell in MLS at Montreal Impact."

I do rate Pelligrini definitely. He plays good football, he's a good man-manager. If you look at his work pre-City he tended to over-achieve. He knows English football. Give him money, allow him to rebuild the squad, he'd do well. With Drogba as his assistant we'd have a club man in the dressing room too, a winner and a leader.

He wouldn't be my first choice, that would be Pep. Simeone second choice, and Pelligrini probably behind that along with Pochettino & Emery. If he came though I wouldn't be unhappy at all and he'd get my support. And his style of play would suit a lot of the players here too.

Guess we'll see.

Can someone please explain to me these similarities between Jose and Simeone as I'm really struggling to see them. I see very little in terms of the way their two teams play other than both generally being very good defensively.

What exactly has he done to warrant his reputation, as to me it seems a very lazy comparison with no foundation whatsoever?

One major differnce I can tell you straight away is the fact that Simeone has taken a team that constantly sells its best players, spends very liitle, competes against two of the best teams in the world and actually beat them both to a league title.

Pellegrini is a horrible idea. He has an incredible budget (which he's used pretty badly) and he has an amazing squad that should easily walk the league this year and are seriously struggling. Get a top manager in at City and you'll see how well they do. For me, Pellegrini is lucky, and nothing more.

Conte would be my first choice but the match-fixing allegations are annoying.

Simeone won't be bad but could be very tiring.

Don't know who else there is out there, we could go for an 'unknown' or maybe if Guus does well we could convince him to stay on for a longer time.

Pellegrini?

They sacked Mourinho for Pellegrini?

I could do better at City with that squad.

I'm beginning to think there's something fundamentally wrong with Roman.

For a supposed clever guy he does seem susceptible to bull merchants on a scarily regular basis.

The pellegrini story is bullshit.

The media are trying to make out Guardiola is definitely going to City which as unlikely as I find it is absolutely disgusting if he does considering they currently have a manager who if he wins the league this year will be the most successful in their history.

They have surely made up this whole Pellegrini story just to soften the blow and make it seem less of an outrage, surely????

Pep aside, Simeone is clearly the best choice and I hope we get him. Simeone is certainly my choice. His work with Athletico clearly makes him a great choice, and he's still young too. So definitely go for him first (I'm ruling Pep out). Right behind any move for Simeone.

That said, I honestly don't see the issue with Pelligrini at all. By the end of this season he could have two league titles and a league cup in three years. If any of us could do better I'd like to see us try. No one here's presented a convincing case against him.

His transfer record isn't too bad at all, and he knows how to handle big players and not divide a dressing room. I hate this 'anyone could win with' concept - if that's the case, why bother paying big money for a manager? He actually did really well at Madrid (they got the club's highest amount of points ever in the league at the time, and still came second to Pep's Barca, which is no disgrace).

I'd prefer Pep or Simeone, but if it turned out to be Pelligrini, that's not a bad choice. It's really not. Pelligrini is a top manager who knows how to win major trophies, play good football, and manage big players, and I'm certain we'd be successful with him. The league is going to get more competitive, so no one team is likely to dominate in the next few years - meaning no team will likely win the league every year, whoever the manager is. And Pelligrini's got no ego at all, which I really like. He just gets on with his job.

Arkie   

I dont believe this Pelligrini story. Obviously made up while our situation is "hot". He is a Man City manager and if he wins the league there is not way they replace him in summer.