cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Blue Rod   

He can't go to Man U. Surely.

Outstanding pedigree for sure-, but based on the last 5 months he's the football equivalent of an MOT failure.

Ps If he was a moody git down here, can you imagine what he's gonna be like up there?

Opens his curtains in the morning- peeing down...

Bit of culture during his down time- Coranation Street studio tour or....the Coronation Street studio tour.....Absolutely zippo else to do.

God help them

Lol. You do write funny stuff sometimes.

kev61   

Unless of course there was a gentleman's agreement that he'd be joining Chelsea and Mourinho got wind of it , hence the shitstorm we find ourselves in?

No,there was something not right with mourhino from the get go this season.did he look the 'happy one',no, why? He wanted the manu job.He wanted to succeed the best manager in the world.much as it pains me to say such a thing!

It seems pep has already chosen his next destination.I think bob is right,city for me.unlimited funds,being successful in three countries,another huge salary.he can take a challenge when he fails.

kev61   

Top 1% of the country I believe

Well he's married to an Irish girl,of course he's intelligent!.doesn't mean he is ready to manage a world class team.JT and sfl two Chelsea legends.love to see them at the club in any capacity.

Vinod   

Not sure what's up with you dude but I think you're a bit out of order, having a go at Jimmy and Vinod. I thought we were all on the same side. #justsaying

Well played

Karan   

Pep to City is a done deal. I'd be very surprised to learn differently. Like Bob said, Pep is likely to have been on the market for a while and the only two positions that's up for grabs at that point is United or City. The old Barca connection at City makes them the obvious choice...

Only to humour ourselves - if Pep was coming here he'd have to re-build the squad completely. At least 3 new CMs, a couple of strikers plus a few AMs. That's not even counting our defense needs rebuilding due to unrelated reasons. The money involved with going with Pep is so great that it almost makes it laughable to suggest it's an option. £200m would be unlikely to cover it. It's not realistic for us (unless we say **** FFP now that Playjni is banned - isn't that hilarious by the way? I take great pleasure in having that muppets being banned.).

My money is on Simeone, Conte or Hiddink staying another year due to lack of suitable candidates. My main worry is no one wants to come to this loony house and we are stuck with Brendan Rodgers, Alan Pardew or the Fat One again. That would be horrible in so many ways.

Having seen Citeh and their performances so far this season I'd argue that Pep would have to spend a lot of money to rebuild that midfield. Don't see Yaya Toure sticking around after this season. And I certainly don't see Delph, Fernandinho, Fernando as the kind of midfielders Pep is comfortable with in his teams (see Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets & Thiago/Alonso/Vidal/Martinez). He'd probably have to spend a lot more reinforcing their attacking options with Aguero and Silva injury prone and only De Bruyne and Sterling in their prime.

Interestingly it was stated in one of the reports that Pep said we need 10 new players to rebuild the squad. The Telegraph states that Simeone wants 5 new players to add to the squad (not to mention the final veto on transfers at the club). If I'm not mistaken JM wanted 3 new players in April to improve the squad's quality (defender/midfielder/attacker) - not including the like for like replacements. But the board in their infinite wisdom decided that no additional quality was needed.

Talk about a 'Palpable Discord'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/4940708/Frank-Lampard-has-higher-IQ-than-Carol-Vorderman.html

I Think this was what it was. But even here it is reported from some news report. Frank himself didn't say that in the ChelseaTv interview that his IQ was high but merely that he had 3 A-levels therefore he was perhaps more intelligent than the rest of the squad; very modestly and jokingly.

Having seen Citeh and their performances so far this season I'd argue that Pep would have to spend a lot of money to rebuild that midfield. Don't see Yaya Toure sticking around after this season. And I certainly don't see Delph, Fernandinho, Fernando as the kind of midfielders Pep is comfortable with in his teams (see Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets & Thiago/Alonso/Vidal/Martinez). He'd probably have to spend a lot more reinforcing their attacking options with Aguero and Silva injury prone and only De Bruyne and Sterling in their prime.

Interestingly it was stated in one of the reports that Pep said we need 10 new players to rebuild the squad. The Telegraph states that Simeone wants 5 new players to add to the squad (not to mention the final veto on transfers at the club). If I'm not mistaken JM wanted 3 new players in April to improve the squad's quality (defender/midfielder/attacker) - not including the like for like replacements. But the board in their infinite wisdom decided that no additional quality was needed.

Talk about a 'Palpable Discord'.

Quite.

This is what always happens with us. Some how the board decides they know more than the manager and makes decisions (or so it seems, not the first time it's happened is it) on whether the manager needs more players or not.

Happened in 2006-07, 2010-11 and now in 2015-16. Leading us to sack a title winning manager after not having backed them in the transfer market. After the noises Jose made last May and basically every day since, it's a scandal. Yet Emenalo is still in a job. Unbelievable.

Holymoly   

In the cold light of day.....and after hearing the obligatory "reliable hints" from friends of cousins of paperboys of "sources" within the squad I've come to the conclusion that perhaps I need to be a little more open minded about our predicament.

There is no doubting that Jose DID appear very different this season with regard to his demeanour and his general outlook. Many say that the small squad meant the players were burned out by the time the season rolled around and couldn't get themselves up for another effort. First time around Jose won the league in his first season AND the second then the wheels came off, albeit not so fundementally as this time. The season before last you could argue that we SHOULD have won it having had it in our own hands with just a few games left but maybe the comparatively younger less experienced squad made the difference. In another time maybe we should have been looking back at another back to back league wins before the **** hit the fan. Perhaps the drastic nature of this year's implosion is a result of the same comparatively young squad. It happened first time around but the players were more resilient and were able to keep a better fist going. If this theory holds any water one can only imagine how stressful it was for the management team to keep such a young inexperienced side motivated and on message for those two seasons. Certainly this season Jose looked a busted flush before a ball was kicked.

I can't say all this changes my opinion of Costa but for some reason maybe I'm prepared to give Fabregas and Hazard the benefit of the doubt for now. Perhaps they were so frustrated with the ennuie within the squad and maybe even Mourinho himself they eventually openly threw up their hands in defeat. It will be interesting to see what happens over Christmas as they're both clearly going to have minutes, injury permitting. If they are able to be dragged up by Guus hopefully they can resurrect some self pride. If not then I suppose they will produce resonable income for us to go out and buy anew in the summer.

Costa has been a moody individual since he got here and I'm afraid you can't have an effective striker demanding perfection from everyone else before he laces his own boots. He has to move and show first otherwise nothing will ever change.

I agree with others above who say we should now get behind the team (and Guus) and hope they regain their mojo. Sunderland was no indicator as there would have been no chance of a change in ethos beyond Holland telling them to go out and express themselves. The defense needs to tighten up the midfield needs to concentrate and the strikers need to get some movement into their play. If that is in addition to a change in formation then there would be no objections from me. The main change that needs to be seen though is in transfer policy. We have enough tricky midfielders. We need generals, physical presence.....and leadership.

Quite.

This is what always happens with us. Some how the board decides they know more than the manager and makes decisions (or so it seems, not the first time it's happened is it) on whether the manager needs more players or not.

Happened in 2006-07, 2010-11 and now in 2015-16. Leading us to sack a title winning manager after not having backed them in the transfer market. After the noises Jose made last May and basically every day since, it's a scandal. Yet Emenalo is still in a job. Unbelievable.

We need to look no further than the appointment and retention of this 'individual' to see how Roman wants to run things. I don't have a problem with Roman wanting to play another style of football, that's his prerogative, it's the hands on approach that just doesn't work. There is a familiar stench about this, one only has to look back at what happened to Ancelotti and Wilkins. Cause and Effect: A manager that isn't allowed to manage is ultimately undermined, it's never going to work. Edited by nutmegsw6