Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if he signed a new contract in two weeks' time.

I think this will be hugely telling- if he stays at United, a new contract has to be in the offing very soon.

My reading of the situation is that United had wanted Rooney gone and had been laying the groundwork for that since March at least. Sometime in the last few weeks that changed and the big question is why. My uneducated guess is that their summer transfer plans have gone pretty badly for them rather than the relationship between club and player been truly healed.

As an aside, I think we're getting a bit of a taste of our own medicine this summer with Juan Mata. It's been very rare under Abramovich, or even during my football-watching lifetime, for a Chelsea player to be hounded in the transfer gossip columns. It's usually the other way round. I can see why it annoys supporters of other clubs so much!

Khobar   

Another winger on the way in Atsu if sky sources are right. I am starting to despair a little at this, how many do we want!

Well, I'd quite like Robben back.

Incidentally, has anyone worked out what a monkey of s*** is supposed to be yet?

There would be (a minority of) United fans, who never even forgave him for his 2010 stunt let alone now, absolutely boiling with fury if that happened.

So obviously it will. :p

Zoowraa   

Potential Atsu signing has to be the end for Moses. Dont make sense to me, I doubt Jose knew him that well before he came, yet he has a good pre-season and can't even make the bench. We then go and sign Willian and maybe Atsu.

I know Atsu left sided, but I dont see what future Moses has which is a shame after one pretty good first season.

I read that Atsu was one of those "buy and loan off for a couple of years" type purchases, thereby not affecting the current squad.

Because with all the attacking midfielders and loaning half the U21 players in western Europe, we're just parodying ourselves at this point, I reckon.

Zoowraa   

I read that Atsu was one of those "buy and loan off for a couple of years" type purchases, thereby not affecting the current squad.

Because with all the attacking midfielders and loaning half the U21 players in western Europe, we're just parodying ourselves at this point, I reckon.

Maybe. He is a regular at Porto though isn't he? I can't think of too many regulars, if any, at big clubs we have purchased and then loaned out

Do not think the Eto deal makes much sense except in availability.

he's too old,

not the player he was

Has beyond ridiculous wage demands

No resell availability at all

Would rather us trust Lukaku and give Torres a shot,

Martinez is another option.

We've been given Torres "a shot" for nearly 2 years now. Most of us have come to the conclusion that when it comes to giving Torres a shot....he usually misses!

Maybe. He is a regular at Porto though isn't he? I can't think of too many regulars, if any, at big clubs we have purchased and then loaned out

Difficult to judge...since we've been mainly farming Belgium as of late.

Yeah, just bizarre. That would total EIGHT attacking midfielders - all of which I'd be more than happy to see in the squad this season. Plus Marin, Piazon, Thorgan Hazard and Kakuta out on loan (yes, at least two of those clearly have no future at the club but I find it slightly frustrating that they haven't been sold). Not to mention the likes of Bertrand Traore and Jeremie Boga who have been tipped for a League Cup appearance this term.