Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

If Ba is loaned out there's no way he returns next summer and is integral to our plans again. Our scouts will be 2 or 3 strikers down the line by that point.

Maybe Newcastle can't/don't want to afford to buy him back. I dunno.

Why is that? Give or take a year or so, he's about the same age as KDB, Lukaku, Moses, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Schurrle etc when we signed them.

Surely some joke. All of those had more than 8 starts for the club that owned them when they arrived. And none of them were in the £3.5m price range either.

Atsu sounds like a player we are already letting go.

Zoowraa   

Keep all our strikers and play Lukaku regularly. Rooney is a top player, but if he now wants to stay, there are no good strikers available. I honestly think its a joke to loan out Demba Ba and sign Eto'o.

Feel a bit for Demba as not had that many chances, but just dont think he really fits that well with our creative players. Eto'o has achieved way more in his career than Ba has or ever will.

Even at 32, Eto'o will be a step up from Ba so I dont really understand why you think it is a joke.

Zoowraa   

Surely some joke. All of those had more than 8 starts for the club that owned them when they arrived. And none of them were in the £3.5m price range either.

Atsu sounds like a player we are already letting go.

To be fair, I think most know very little about him. You referring to his age being 21 is completley irrelvant. Players can still improve greatly at that age, for all we know he might of been a late starter in football and his progress as only just started over the last 12 months.

I would argue it is a signing that is not needed, but it sounds like your writing the guy off without actually knowing a great deal about him or watching him play.

To be fair, I think most know very little about him. You referring to his age being 21 is completley irrelvant. Players can still improve greatly at that age, for all we know he might of been a late starter in football and his progress as only just started over the last 12 months.

I would argue it is a signing that is not needed, but it sounds like your writing the guy off without actually knowing a great deal about him or watching him play.

There are thousands of 21 year old potential next Drogbas out there. Tens of thousands.

There are also millions of lottery tickets for sale.

Zoowraa   

There are thousands of 21 year old potential next Drogbas out there. Tens of thousands.

There are also millions of lottery tickets for sale.

That does not mean anything. Just a token comment. Having read alot of your comments regarding youngsters we sign, I actually agree with large bits of what you have said in the past.

Just think your comments regarding Atsu are way premature and based on none or very little knowledge of him. Much the same as my comments really, but I am not writing him off due to his age or value of what we are paying though.

Holymoly   

Not to mention the likes of Bertrand Traore and Jeremie Boga who have been tipped for a League Cup appearance this term.

What is the situation with Traore? I thought he was unavailable because of work permit issues?

That does not mean anything. Just a token comment. Having read alot of your comments regarding youngsters we sign, I actually agree with large bits of what you have said in the past.

No it isn't a token comment. This misunderstanding that because someone has a neighbour who won the lottery means that lottery tickets represent value and not just faith is a Consistent error of understanding on here. It applies to players just as it applies to lottery tickets.

Just think your comments regarding Atsu are way premature and based on none or very little knowledge of him. Much the same as my comments really, but I am not writing him off due to his age or value of what we are paying though.

Well before I posted I did look up enough to know he was a rising star before going to Porto at 17. Had a good season on loan in the Portugese league, but didn't play much for Porto afterwards.
I'm not saying he is wrongly priced, just not the level of player that should be interesting Chelsea (or Liverpool in fact).
And probably he isn't actually talking to either club.