Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

When speaking of Etoo's age, keep in mind he's as old as Drogba was when he scored 37 goals in 44 appearances.

Or Owen when he scored 3 in 4 whole games. Or Shevchenko when he scored 2 in 26.

What I'm saying is that comparisons to other players are irrelevant.

JayD   

Completely dis-respectful to Turnbull. Thought we had retired the number 22 shirt.

Jay Seal   

It has actually nothing to do with Torres.

Just look at midfield of Bayern or Real Madrid or Borrusia Dortmund or Spanish NT or Brasilian NT and you will see the answer. Brasilian NT would never choose Ramirez as their midfielder. I like Rami, he´s fast and a nice guy, scores good goals, but for me as midfielder he´s ineffective. We need player like Fellaini or Hulk, a strong, young and quick player who runs into the defence und supports strikers.

It nearly always does with you, maybe it's subconcious.

Anyway, comparing our midfield with the best in the world isn't the same as comparing it with West Brom which is where you started and what I pointed out was obviously rubbish.

Also rubbish is saying Ramires (with an 'S') would never get picked for Brazil, he has 34 caps and has been frozen out for some time for something completely unrelated to football matters.

Neither player you suggest is particularly comparable to Ramires and even less so to each other so if there is a sensible point in there it's hard to fathom.

Last and by no means least, playing the 'Rami's a nice guy' card and trying to undermine him and arguments for him shows you up badly.

I think this has to be the silliest transfer window I've ever seen.

Jose doesn't fancy Mata and prefers Rooney -> Straight swap to suit both parties -> Mata OR Luiz + Cash to United for Rooney -> Mata to Arsenal -> No wait, Mata to Atletico on loan -> No wait, Mata to Tottenham.

Luiz dreams of playing for Barca -> PSG to sign Luiz -> Barca finally lodge bid for Luiz for 35 mil -> Luiz to Manchester United for 30 mil.

The scary part is that people seem to believe everything they're fed along the way. People are panicking because Jose isn't reassuring them every step of the way that Juan Mata is the first name on the team sheet, and that he hasn't been offered a big pay bump on top of his annual salary which clocks several million already... Then when Jose does reassure them, they just point to the fact that he lies about everything.

Whether Mata stays or goes (and I pray he stays), and whether Luiz stays or goes (I also pray he stays), people really need to stop believing all the rubbish. It's a simple case of a stopped clock being right twice a day. I could tell you "It's essentially a flip of the coin as to whether Mata stays or not, but I think it's likely he'll be leaving." Then when he ends up staying, I could simply feed you the line "Sources close to Mata have told me that Jose has promised him on a gentleman's agreement that he'll have his dream move to Manchester United next year", and the entire saga will blow up again the next summer.

I realise it's the point of transfer talk, but I heard someone say today "Mourinho is an idiot for letting Mata go". Not only making a judgement on something that hasn't happened yet, but judging Mourinho's intellect at the same time. Really people?

Holymoly   

I think the number of midfielders we now have is fine. Assuming there will be a degree of squad rotation the opposition will never be able to guess our lineup in a month of a Sundays. Add to that the confusion we will wreak fielding Wil.I.an, Ake and DL in the same team. I can see where Jose's going with this...

Nick89   

Feel a bit for Demba as not had that many chances, but just dont think he really fits that well with our creative players. Eto'o has achieved way more in his career than Ba has or ever will.

Even at 32, Eto'o will be a step up from Ba so I dont really understand why you think it is a joke.

I don't even think Eto'o at this stage in his career is better than Ba. Eto'o was good at Inter but hasn't been a top striker since his time in Barcelona.

Ham   

I see that the Spuds are in for Christian Eriksen.................... Dare we?