Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Rob B   

Back pages of the mirror this morning saying Mourinho wants Danny Rose! Talk about topping off an underwhelming transfer window.

In reality, I suspect it's more likely that we've leaked the story in order to get the price down for Rahman. Other than being English, has Rose actually got anything going for him?

xCELERYx   

That's exactly my point. It's not that there aren't excellent options out there.

Well, depends on what you are referring to as excellent options? The club seem to be pinching pennies, so cannot see anything beyond 30m being splashed around.

xCELERYx   

Back pages of the mirror this morning saying Mourinho wants Danny Rose! Talk about topping off an underwhelming transfer window.

In reality, I suspect it's more likely that we've leaked the story in order to get the price down for Rahman. Other than being English, has Rose actually got anything going for him?

He's quick and is more attacking, perfect for a bench role under Mourinho.

1) Well, depends on what you are referring to as excellent options?

2) The club seem to be pinching pennies, so cannot see anything beyond 30m being splashed around.

1) As I've already said, Cavani would have been a good start. But seriously, you can't really believe that there are no better options than Remy and Falcao?

2) Yes, QFT.

xCELERYx   

1) As I've already said, Cavani would have been a good start. But seriously, you can't really believe that there are no better options than Remy and Falcao?

2) Yes, QFT.

1) Well, Cavani isn't realistic given Ibrah seems close to leaving. Though, have wanted him here for quite some time as I've mentioned around here before. But, I personally wouldn't include him. Naturally, there are options. How many are genuinely realistic though begs to be the question.

1) Well, Cavani isn't realistic given Ibrah seems close to leaving. Though, have wanted him here for quite some time as I've mentioned around here before. But, I personally wouldn't include him. Naturally, there are options. How many are genuinely realistic though begs to be the question.

Cavani isn't an option if we don't make a bid. And every player has a price. But there were, and are, other options: Pedro for example, who can play anywhere across a front three. Benzema, maybe. Gotze, could play as a false nine. We could have gone in for Mandzukic before Juve snapped him up for a mere 19 mill euros. It's this argument that options don't exist that I disagree with.

Maybe we're doing an Arsenal and telling Jose he can't spend any money until the new stadium is paid for.

May god have mercy on us all

I was thinking the same thing. At the end of the day our rivals are stronger - and we are weaker. There's no doubt about it.

Mate, Pato is finished, and he's been finished for quite a while. I mean, what are we becoming - a retirement home for the desperate and dateless strikers out there? Right now we have Costa with his chronic hammies (great striker when fit, but....); Falcao, who's a shadow of his best due to that major knee injury, and Remy who's a decent but hardly electric striker, who also manages too often to be injured (mostly just when he's needed as cover). Then there was Drogba last season. Torres. Shevchenko before him. Seriously, for a club in our position, our record of getting by with has-beens and crocks up-front, is extraordinary, and not a little embarrassing. Pato would be the icing on the cake.

Boom. I said a while ago we are a club that's a graveyard for strikers and I got shouted down. Maybe I should become an admin ;)