Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
4 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

Constructive as ever.

Constructive as ever.

Well, no more constructive than going on every matchday thread and predicting defeat. This topic in particular has been done to death too, just go back a few pages. 

Nah. They are fantastic - especially Payet.

The point is that Leicester and Ham had the ability to spot them in the first place.

Those clubs also fish in a different pond. They have different budgets, different expectations. They also had the ability to spot a load of dud signings, who you don't mention

1 hour ago, Stim said:

Yeah, so long as you ignore all the other signings they made that didn't do that well.

Well said. For every Payet, there is a Jarvis, a Carroll or a Zarate. For every Mahrez, there is a Kramaric. 

57 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Every club makes bad signings. But look how well these two are doing. Who do we get? Michael Hector and Papy. 

Right, you say it yourself. Every club makes good and bad signings, so what good does it do to compare our worst and their best? We also get Hazard, Willian, Fabregas, Costa etc, and last time I checked, we won the league last year.

40 minutes ago, Stim said:

Zouma, Azpillicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic ?? We are obviously going to lose if you pit their best signings against our worst

Throw in Courtois for 7m too. 

21 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Well, no more constructive than going on every matchday thread and predicting defeat. This topic in particular has been done to death too, just go back a few pages. 

Those clubs also fish in a different pond. They have different budgets, different expectations. They also had the ability to spot a load of dud signings, who you don't mention

Well said. For every Payet, there is a Jarvis, a Carroll or a Zarate. For every Mahrez, there is a Kramaric. 

Right, you say it yourself. Every club makes good and bad signings, so what good does it do to compare our worst and their best? We also get Hazard, Willian, Fabregas, Costa etc, and last time I checked, we won the league last year.

Throw in Courtois for 7m too. 

My point: we can't seem to get players at reasonable prices; you telling me that Payet or Mahrez wouldn't get into our team?

Meanwhile we seem to be grubbing around for yet another busted flush in Pato.

I just feel we sometimes need more football people in charge, that's all.

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

My point: we can't seem to get players at reasonable prices; you telling me that Payet or Mahrez wouldn't get into our team?

Meanwhile we seem to be grubbing around for yet another busted flush in Pato.

I just feel we sometimes need more football people in charge, that's all.

When did I say they wouldn't? On current form maybe they would. But all of the other signings I mentioned wouldn't. Can you not see how comparing one teams good buys against our poor ones is somewhat pointless? Like you said, every team including Chelsea, Leicester and West Ham make good and bad signings 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

When did I say they wouldn't? On current form maybe they would. But all of the other signings I mentioned wouldn't. Can you not see how comparing one teams good buys against our poor ones is somewhat pointless? Like you said, every team including Chelsea, Leicester and West Ham make good and bad signings 

No, I don't as I'm pretty underwhelmed by our performance in the markets tbh. 

paulw66   
37 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

No, I don't as I'm pretty underwhelmed by our performance in the markets tbh. 

Yeah, shame we won the league last year with poor signings like Costa and Fabregas, whilst West Ham out did us by signing Andy Carroll. 

Dale86   
51 minutes ago, Kezza said:

So we will sell Hazard and sign van Persie. What a damn good move! 

Is that referencing the story, in the Sun, on the BBC gossip page?

"Chelsea will demand at least £80m if they are to sell 25-year-old midfielder Eden Hazard this summer."

Doesn't seem like anything to get worked up about - that kind of money should be what we are hoping for IF we sell him.

The Van Persie rumour is also below one story saying we're facing a transfer embargo, and another, saying we believe we acted lawfully and aren't going to. 

If that doesn't serve to show that everything on that page is rubbish and the media don't know what they're talking about, I don't know what does!

Edited by Dale86

45 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yeah, shame we won the league last year with poor signings like Costa and Fabregas, whilst West Ham out did us by signing Andy Carroll. 

That's not what I'm saying and you know it.