Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Imagine coming into the transfer thread and reading transfer related matters....

Starting to turn out like the Conte thread being the Mourinho thread pt II. 

__

Yes, like a Michael Ende novel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ The whole weight thing is ridiculous and too often bro-science. Even just reading the Mail link on Neymar demonstrates that; the Barca club doctor commented he want Neymar to add a kilo or two, so hardly anything, and that his assessment was that the player was prone to losing weight .,. So nothing at all there really about muscle, bulk, power, strength etc. I could add a kilo to my weight today and I'm off work trying to write a dissertation ... I wouldn't be any better at anything for it.

I expect young athletes to look a tad more ripped over the summer; they probably aren't doing as much cardio as they do the other 10 months of the year but I daresay most of them are still hitting the gym. Doubt that's for football reasons.

Google (I know) tells me Oscar is 67kg and that RLC is 83kg. One is a far, far better player than the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kratos   

Me too Carefree, he could be one of the most vital signings to get us on track.

I remember when Ranners bought Maka and saying he would be the battery of the team, I can see Kante being very similar ( and not because he's small, black and French like Maka).

I watched Kante a few times last season and after our last game against Leicester I was convinced that this was the guy who can improve us in a position that we have so desperately lacked in the last 12 months.

His ability to cover an insane amount of ground, to be able to break up play and protect his whole back line.

I truly hope this happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GURJ SS   

I'm not totally convinced by Kante, don't get me wrong he will add something to the team that we have lacked for quite some time; but I would rather prefer someone like Matudi. Of course the best case scenario would be if we had Fabregas pulling the strings with Kante and Matudi either side of him. Matudi is very underrated and is often overlooked when it comes to praising a tackling midfielder who is able to do a bit of everything. A better way to explain Matudi is, he is what we needed when we signed Matic; and what we still need. If we could start the season with a 3 man midfield of Matudi, Cesc, Kante, with Matic, Mikel and Oscar as other options, we will have taken a huge leap forward and have the sort of quality in midfield that we have got used to having over the years.

Edit: When I mean not convinced, I don't mean he isn't quality but mean I don't think he is the one to give us the massive edge we need. He can compliment the midfield nicely and add to it, but I think we are missing a quality player like Matudi. 

Edited by GURJ SS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GURJ SS   

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2016/07/13/25565432/one-last-chance-under-conte-the-forgotten-loan-stars-who-are?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=engbfb

Obviously opinions will be divided over which players, but I think we could all agree that we shouldn't need to be spending money on squad fillers when we have players returning to us that could do just that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
1 minute ago, GURJ SS said:

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2016/07/13/25565432/one-last-chance-under-conte-the-forgotten-loan-stars-who-are?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=engbfb

Obviously opinions will be divided over which players, but I think we could all agree that we shouldn't need to be spending money on squad fillers when we have players returning to us that could do just that.

They forgot about Pasiliac in that list. I think he should be in our first team. Not sure what he has to do to break in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chelboy said:

They forgot about Pasiliac in that list. I think he should be in our first team. Not sure what he has to do to break in.

I look him up and Pasalic hasn't been on the bench since February.  What happened with his back injury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
20 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I'm not totally convinced by Kante, don't get me wrong he will add something to the team that we have lacked for quite some time; but I would rather prefer someone like Matudi. Of course the best case scenario would be if we had Fabregas pulling the strings with Kante and Matudi either side of him. Matudi is very underrated and is often overlooked when it comes to praising a tackling midfielder who is able to do a bit of everything. A better way to explain Matudi is, he is what we needed when we signed Matic; and what we still need. If we could start the season with a 3 man midfield of Matudi, Cesc, Kante, with Matic, Mikel and Oscar as other options, we will have taken a huge leap forward and have the sort of quality in midfield that we have got used to having over the years.

Edit: When I mean not convinced, I don't mean he isn't quality but mean I don't think he is the one to give us the massive edge we need. He can compliment the midfield nicely and add to it, but I think we are missing a quality player like Matudi. 

As long as Kante is here to play as a box to box sort of midfielder he'll excel. If we're going to have him play the anchor role and sit back, then we're wasting all the qualities that make him stand out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now