Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Zoowraa said:

No Moses ? Best player every pre season it seems, then for some reason never gets a chance in squad. I can only presume the club has more faith in him than Jose did judging by the new contract he was given last season. 

He is exactly the kind of squad player we need imo . A wide players who actually stays wide and has no desire to be a No 10. I'd like to see him make the 25.

I'm with you about Moses, but with Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Cuadrado and even Oscar and Kennedy, I can't see how he will stay :-( 

I've wanted Moses to stay with us the last few seasons, he offers us something different that our other attacking players don't. He's so direct, his first thought is get the ball forward and run into dangerous areas. Similar to Cuadrado will offer next season as well, but Moses has Premier League experience and the conditioning to handle the league. A very squad and impact player.

2 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Sebcfc I wouldn't be happy with that team(midfield in particular), but I suppose that's probably just me demanding too much; what frustrates me is that we seemed to be bound to this FFP rubbish when we needed to invest heavily in our squad, but now it seems like everyone is a free flow with no repercussions.

Personally I would want a team along the lines of:

GK - same, but would say no to Butland coming in if someone wants to give us £50M for Courtois.

Defence - I would move Bane to centre back and either give Aina a bigger role or bring in Lichsteigner for a year. I doubt Rahman could be moved on, but if so then Raphael Guerreiro would be a huge upgrade.

CM: Cesc, Kante and RLC are fine. But I would much prefer Naiggolan and Hamsik instead of Mikel and Matic. Maybe it's being greedy but I truly think we need to seriously bring our midfield back up to the kind of strength it was up to in the past.

AM is fine in my opinion.

CF I would like to see Remy leave and Shane Long come in.

I am sorry but for me Shane Long really isn't the answer, yes he is a decent PL player but if we want to be winning the PL/aiming for the top four, he isn't the player to get you there; yes there are games that he is very good, but there also far too many where the games passes him by and that is the reason why he has consistently been with teams like WBA, Hull and Southampton. As for CM, I really cannot see how we're going to have so many changes; I agree both Matic and Mikel in the squad is too much but selling both is overkill for me. Additionally, I know you, and most certainly Droy, will disagree but I am willing to give Matic another season as I think he is good enough to be a Chelsea player (this doesn't mean starting XI week in, week out). As for FB, I would love Lichtstiener but I do not see how he comes to us on a 1 year deal, while Rahman could be loaned back to Germany if we can't find someone here who'll take him. As for Raphael G he has already signed for BVB so no chance on that one.

1 hour ago, Zoowraa said:

No Moses ? Best player every pre season it seems, then for some reason never gets a chance in squad. I can only presume the club has more faith in him than Jose did judging by the new contract he was given last season. 

He is exactly the kind of squad player we need imo . A wide players who actually stays wide and has no desire to be a No 10. I'd like to see him make the 25.

I have wanted him in the squad for the last two seasons, but with a 424 formation, I can see Conte going with Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Oscar and Cuadrado as he is a fan of Cuadrado and Oscar can play CM when required, is the only player we have that could cover for Cesc if injured/banned and can also play the No.10 role if he switches to 4231/4411.

Edited by sebcfc
Typos

Rob B   

After the first couple of games it would suggest that perhaps Conte sees RLC as a second striker type, rather than a midfielder...

ripz   

reports saying Man U agree to 110m euros for Pogba, most costly free transfer buy back ever lol. Goal reported that Juve want Matic if they sell so let's see if we can rob them of a few millions or give them Matic and small fee for Bonucci. £30m for Koulibaly and Matic+£20m for Bonucci would be amazing but I doubt they'll sell Bonucci now or their fans will riot.

Edited by ripz

GURJ SS   
2 hours ago, sebcfc said:

I am sorry but for me Shane Long really isn't the answer, yes he is a decent PL player but if we want to be winning the PL/aiming for the top four, he isn't the player to get you there; yes there are games that he is very good, but there also far too many where the games passes him by and that is the reason why he has consistently been with teams like WBA, Hull and Southampton. As for CM, I really cannot see how we're going to have so many changes; I agree both Matic and Mikel in the squad is too much but selling both is overkill for me. Additionally, I know you, and most certainly Droy, will disagree but I am willing to give Matic another season as I think he is good enough to be a Chelsea player (this doesn't mean starting XI week in, week out). As for FB, I would love Lichtstiener but I do not see how he comes to us on a 1 year deal, while Rahman could be loaned back to Germany if we can't find someone here who'll take him. As for Raphael G he has already signed for BVB so no chance on that one.

Shane Long is still a better bet than Remy, and alot cheaper than Morata but still being able to give a similar option. I would rather we buy someone who is usable yet cheap, than either an overly expensive player who won't start(Morata) or someone who just isn't usable(Remy).

I would rather keep Mikel over Matic, Mikel is still reliable when the going gets tough and is very disciplined; he is able to keep it simple when you really need to do just that. The problem with keeping Matic around as a squad player is that Chalobah could do that; actually Gareth Barry does what Matic is supposed to do and he is nearing 54 years old(well, he looks it anyway).

For Lichsteiner I'm going on the whole 1 year contract for over 30s, personally I would give him a 3 year contract; he still flies down the wing quick enough to still be usable in 2 years.

Rahman is just too shakey for my liking, he can't defend, he would make a very good LWB with a LCB providing support, but as a LB it's suicidal. Kenedy could be easily moulded into a far better LB, in my opinion. But I doubt anyone will take Rahman, even if I was a manager of a championship team and needed a LB I still wouldn't have him.

13 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

So United have apparently had a £85m bid rejected for Pogba. Juventus want over £100m.

Would people be happy to see us pay that for him? Not that I think we are interested just would like to know what others think. I think he's class but not sure I'd want to see us spend that sort of money on that type of player.

What would that be... 25% of our yearly turnover?

No. He's vastly overrated. I'd consider it for half. 

GURJ SS   
5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I think he is a very very good Premier League player, but I feel we have 2 strikers already who are physical enough; we could do with someone who has some finesse; who that is I'm not sure.

11 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Benfica's Victor Lindelöf is the latest central defender we're being linked to now. £25m release clause. 22 years old. Was in Sweden's squad at the Euros.

All I really know about him is that during the January transfer window, all the talk was of Middlesbrough taking him on loan for the rest of the season with an option to buy. He's obviously come on since then... or his agent is looking for an improved contract ;-)

I'm Swedish and believe me, he's NOWHERE near good enough for us. 

Next.