Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Not really. There's a lot more at stake than a game of football against West Ham. We miss out on the CL again and we are pretty much in very serious trouble. If we sack Conte, then even worse. 

If a loss against West Ham would make the clowns upstairs to panic and actually improve the squad then long term that would be for the best. 

But we came 10th last year, I really don't see them panicking at all. 

GURJ SS   

What does everyone think of Andre Gray? Maybe Burnley would accept Remy as part of the deal; I think he would be an upgrade. Plus if he continues progressing the way he is it's better to pay less now. 

Zoowraa   
6 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

What does everyone think of Andre Gray? Maybe Burnley would accept Remy as part of the deal; I think he would be an upgrade. Plus if he continues progressing the way he is it's better to pay less now. 

His value to them is going to be around £25 million plus .That's not his true value, but it is his value to them as they simply won't be able to finance a deal for a striker to replace him whilst giving them a chance of survival with some goals.

They simply could not finance a deal for Remy. He is on about 80k per week, I would I imagine the highest paid player at Burnley is about 25k per week. 

It's not really a case of whether Burnley fancy Remy or not, it's that they will not pay that much money to one player and this makes them unattainable. Look where they have done their business so far........Charlton!

Zoowraa   
46 minutes ago, Vinod said:

A self sufficient and a trophy winning club is a pipe dream in this day and age; If we really want to become self-sufficient trying to hack the transfer market is not the best way as it directly affects the silverware chances, which affects the global standing, which affects popularity and consequently commercials take a beating.

I do not believe a football club can become absolutely self sufficient. The objective of a football club is not profits. The best way to become relatively self sufficient is to produce solid players ground up from the academy, give them a chance to shine and either keep them or sell them off. When you have 2 academy players in a title winning first team, you have effectively saved GBP 60 million in today's market. That's the reason why clubs like Man Utd, Bayern, Real, Barca, etc have deep cash reserves. There was a time they won with relatively less investment and became popular. It is extremely difficult now, but getting it right gives a solid advantage. This whole business of taking punts on older teens and sending them out on loans makes me uncomfortable. I understand the logic but feel it is taking the focus away from what is important for a football club.

Some good points made, but don't entirely agree. Leicester have just won the league for a start, I know they spent a bit of cash but not as much as they generated I would not have thought. Dortmund and Atletico have won titles in their leagues in the last 5 years, despite being up against absolute juggernaut football clubs.

Both have spent money, but both have sold players along the way for vast sums too and reinvested to lower amounts.

again we are busier in the loaning out market rather than the needed buying market. Hope Conte knows what he is doing.

14 hours ago, zaffo said:

WAGNH are reporting that Bertrand Traoré will join Ajax on loan with an announcement to be made soon. Story has come from De Telegraaf in Holland.

12 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

If that's true it's a terrible decision in my view. 

Good news for Traore who needs to play.  Traore just shouldn't have played much last year - he didn't on merit, he did it on his vitesse reputation and because we had 3 crock CFs.  Indeed I doubt Traore was ever meant to play CF, rather as an AM option.  And I don't see us being as short up front this season.

6 hours ago, nutmegsw6 said:

Not according to Droy, they are top notch and we need more of them. 

The players are indeed top notch - and we need more players but no need for the numbers to be better than we have.  just to be available.

6 hours ago, nutmegsw6 said:

It does if you have invested in RLC. 

:)  and the reported £65k a week (if I recall) is a big investment.  He desperately needs a loan to the Championship (assuming he would start games) to learn to play against players as big as he his.  But what Championship would pay more than £20k a week for a loan player?  And the car he would drive into training would certainly be bigger an better and newer than that of the club captain, star striker or Manager.  Maybe the owner might be richer.

4 hours ago, sebcfc said:

...Additionally, the squad is now starting to look incredibly thin:........

Bane is shot 

Mikel hasn't trained with the squad at all in pre-season.

Yes very think.  Still plenty of places available though.  

(But I think Ivan is fine still, and Mikel was in Austria and now at the Olympics so should soon be ready.

3 hours ago, Alan Conway said:

I really think there should be a limit to how many players a club can loan out. That way this madness with this club can stop. 

The limit is actually on how many you can play in a game, and on squads.
But your talk on loans is back to front.  Loans are results of earlier decisions on player acquisitions (some good some bad).
The alternative to loans is to release young players and have them come back and bite you (or worse, to buy them back for a lot more - Matic, Poga, Lukaku).

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Not really. There's a lot more at stake than a game of football against West Ham. We miss out on the CL again and we are pretty much in very serious trouble. If we sack Conte, then even worse. 

If a loss against West Ham would make the clowns upstairs to panic and actually improve the squad then long term that would be for the best. 

Crazy talk. Conte will go (and given form, you'd not be throwing money away if you bet on sooner rather than later) and someone else will come in, and we'll in all likelihood do what we've done for the best part of 10 years. Underachieve given investment but broadly win trophies.

If finishing 10th hasn't panicked anyone into talking transfer advice from the internet, losing one game isn't going to.

Sometimes I think this thread is less about Chelsea and more about showing off who is the most angry at ... Well, anything.

Vinod   
23 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Some good points made, but don't entirely agree. Leicester have just won the league for a start, I know they spent a bit of cash but not as much as they generated I would not have thought. Dortmund and Atletico have won titles in their leagues in the last 5 years, despite being up against absolute juggernaut football clubs.

Both have spent money, but both have sold players along the way for vast sums too and reinvested to lower amounts.

Agreed. Then again, all titles were against the run of play, in a manner of speaking.

BlueFizz   

Keoman quoted on Sky:

"Lukaku is still an Everton player and we want to keep our best players."

oddly, that word 'still' and the later bolded phrase make me think there's a chance he's going.

Arkie   

"He is still an Everton player but finally the board makes those kind of decisions," Koeman said.

"Of course, I would like to keep all my best players but I know football. I know business. Let's wait.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-everton-may-not-be-able-to-hold-on-to-romelu-lukaku-admits-ronald-koeman-a3317961.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by Arkie