Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Zoowraa said:

Yeah I tend to agree. I think he would turn out to be a shrewd signing at the right price, which I think is around £35 million area. I think Madrid were slightly duped to pay what they did and don't think we would get him at the price I suggest.

I don't think we specifically need him now, but it could be a signing that we could build around for the future. I agree there is a gamble involved with him, but I think it's one that would pay off long term.

For the right price it would definitely be a gamble worth taking. Now I'm not sure what fee has been mentioned (don't tend to read English papers anymore, just the same ****ing bullshit as always), but for a £45m fee or thereabouts he could be good value in this insane market. But I'd be genuinely surprised if Madrid let him got for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James for me isn't what we need as he is overpriced and will demand high wages, additionally as a few have said, he doesn't strike me as a player who would be either up to the speed of the PL or it's physical demands and could easily become another Cuadrado in that he is absolutely a waste of space on the pitch as he is too intimidated - although that said when he does play well he is on another level to Cuadrado. For me personally, of all the AM's with been linked with in the past year or so Perisic is the one that has made most sense as he would be physically up to the demands of the PL, he is pretty fast and he is much more direct than our other AM's which would give us a different option. Obviously, he isn't a 8/9 out of 10 player but he is a solid 7 that would allow us to mix things up and also be PL ready from the start.

In regards to defence, Koulibaly is becoming way over priced if GdS can be believed (£50m rejected).If this is true then I think we need to look elsewhere as this is another case of Napoli milking another club for all it's worth. Additionally, with players such as Mustafi, Marquinos and even possibly Gimenez being available for less, I think we should switch to them and leave Napoli with a player that clearly does not want to be there. For me either of the other three options would shore the back up enough this year and allow us to bring back Christensen easily. However, if Koulibaly can be had for £40m of under then I'd be happy enough as he is a good player.

At LB we've been linked with both Rodriguez (Wolfsburg) and Hector (Koln). Normally, I would go for a Hector type player as he is dependable and is fairly good at defending, however if Monday nights performance is anything to go by, I think Rodriguez may be a bit more suitable - even if he does allow a lot of space behind him - as he has the better engine and can press relatively well, while he also has a goal in him and can actually deliver a good ball, while long-term he could play the WB position if we switch to a 352 a lot easier than Hector.  

As for the rest of the pitch, it looks like we'll get another GK - Lopez or Eduardo - with my hope being that Begovic only leaves in the case of us getting Lopez and not just Eduardo who would actually be a great 3rd choice - although possibly wasteful from a HG perspective. At CF, I am not too sure what is going to happen there, as I am not really buying the Lukaku rumours, while I also think Icardi is out of reach. Hopefully, Bats can do something positive and Remy can keep injury free as I think that may be the best we can do.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dingus   

Lol @ overrated.

Bar Hazard, he is a significant upgrade on any of our current attacking midfielders and if he is indeed available, then we should be attempting to sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sebcfc said:

James for me isn't what we need as he is overpriced and will demand high wages, additionally as a few have said, he doesn't strike me as a player who would be either up to the speed of the PL or it's physical demands and could easily become another Cuadrado in that he is absolutely a waste of space on the pitch as he is too intimidated - although that said when he does play well he is on another level to Cuadrado. For me personally, of all the AM's with been linked with in the past year or so Perisic is the one that has made most sense as he would be physically up to the demands of the PL, he is pretty fast and he is much more direct than our other AM's which would give us a different option. Obviously, he isn't a 8/9 out of 10 player but he is a solid 7 that would allow us to mix things up and also be PL ready from the start.

In regards to defence, Koulibaly is becoming way over priced if GdS can be believed (£50m rejected).If this is true then I think we need to look elsewhere as this is another case of Napoli milking another club for all it's worth. Additionally, with players such as Mustafi, Marquinos and even possibly Gimenez being available for less, I think we should switch to them and leave Napoli with a player that clearly does not want to be there. For me either of the other three options would shore the back up enough this year and allow us to bring back Christensen easily. However, if Koulibaly can be had for £40m of under then I'd be happy enough as he is a good player.

At LB we've been linked with both Rodriguez (Wolfsburg) and Hector (Koln). Normally, I would go for a Hector type player as he is dependable and is fairly good at defending, however if Monday nights performance is anything to go by, I think Rodriguez may be a bit more suitable - even if he does allow a lot of space behind him - as he has the better engine and can press relatively well, while he also has a goal in him and can actually deliver a good ball, while long-term he could play the WB position if we switch to a 352 a lot easier than Hector.  

As for the rest of the pitch, it looks like we'll get another GK - Lopez or Eduardo - with my hope being that Begovic only leaves in the case of us getting Lopez and not just Eduardo who would actually be a great 3rd choice - although possibly wasteful from a HG perspective. At CF, I am not too sure what is going to happen there, as I am not really buying the Lukaku rumours, while I also think Icardi is out of reach. Hopefully, Bats can do something positive and Remy can keep injury free as I think that may be the best we can do.

 

 

 

Conte was saying today that he/we is/are looking to get players in before the window closes. 

I'm not sure a new GK2 or GK3 is what we should be looking at... He was also referring to it being important to know Cuadrados future because that will impact  us and the players we are after. Reading those comments, it sure doesn't sound like we are looking at anything beyond a new CB and an attacking midfielder... Maybe I'm reading too much into it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James isn't what is needed right now and at that price seems a risk we shouldn't really take, also I think Pedro is a better player and is already familiar with the Premier League. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe any rumor regarding James, and we have other priorities. It's almost 20th of August and this ****ing board still can't sign any defender. We need a centre back and a left back and they have eleven days to do it. Faith on them? Not in my case...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Alec_Cobas said:

I don't believe any rumor regarding James, and we have other priorities. It's almost 20th of August and this ****ing board still can't sign any defender. We need a centre back and a left back and they have eleven days to do it. Faith on them? Not in my case...

Relax, I'm sure Emenalo has a few tricks up his sleeve yet.  He pulled it off last year after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Alec_Cobas said:

I don't believe any rumor regarding James, and we have other priorities. It's almost 20th of August and this ****ing board still can't sign any defender. We need a centre back and a left back and they have eleven days to do it. Faith on them? Not in my case...

All so easy from the comfort of your computer, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Alec_Cobas said:

I don't believe any rumor regarding James, and we have other priorities. It's almost 20th of August and this ****ing board still can't sign any defender. We need a centre back and a left back and they have eleven days to do it. Faith on them? Not in my case...

Agreed, we are in desperate need of a LB and CB and a striker if Remy leaves. Everywhere else is fairly solid I think for this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

All so easy from the comfort of your computer, isn't it?

I don't receive any salary from Chelsea FC, unfortunately :) But I'm a Chelsea fan and I'm seriously worried about the work of the people who lead our club. For two summers the sensation is we struggle A LOT in the market, failing to get players we want or signing pure garbage (Falcao, Pato, Djilobodji...). It's normal to be worried. We were 10th and it's like it was normal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now