Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

On August 12, 2016 at 4:14 AM, A Blue Essien said:

As for Koulibaly, I reckon he'll sign a new contract. Seems to be heading that way. Not quite sure what we do then. Maybe look at the likes of Kone or Van Dijk? We need to move quickly.

Also, still no links to a fullback. Surely we're not going into the season with just Azpi, Ivanovic, and Aina as options? 

Indeed. Can't believe how similar this summer has been to last one . Our board doesn't seem to be learning .

chara   
43 minutes ago, Carefree1991 said:

Agreed, we are in desperate need of a LB and CB and a striker if Remy leaves. Everywhere else is fairly solid I think for this season.

A striker if Remy stays.

chara   
5 hours ago, Hudsonian said:

James is overpriced  and overrated. Slow and hasn't made any impact at Madrid. A World Cup wonder. Defenders, defenders, defenders please before anything else.

4 hours ago, cam4blue said:

I refuse to believe we would be interested in signing this guy. 

I particularly refuse to believe Conte would have any interest in adding him to this squad. 

I watched him in the Copa America and was not over impressed.

Italian journalist Alfredo Pedulla is reporting Napoli will extend Koulibaly contract next week, even with the signing of Maksimovic. If true, Napoli have trolled us for months, with us keeping the bidding instead of going for alternatives. Wait and see...

I can't see how any person here can continue defending this club if Koulibaly finally stays with Napoli. That's another failed saga for second summer in a row. Months trying to sign a defender to fail miserably. 

Chelsea should look for an alternative NOW. 

xCELERYx   
45 minutes ago, Alec_Cobas said:

Italian journalist Alfredo Pedulla is reporting Napoli will extend Koulibaly contract next week, even with the signing of Maksimovic. If true, Napoli have trolled us for months, with us keeping the bidding instead of going for alternatives. Wait and see...

You do realise that Napoli have been wanting to extend Koulibaly's contract since the very beginning, right? This isn't anything remotely new. They're also trying to play the whole "stay this season and you can leave next year" card.

Arkie   

“We know there’s a lot of interest in him,” Koeman said. “He’s a good player and ultimately if a big team want to spend a lot of money, you can’t really win. I had the same story in Southampton but that big bid was not on the table and here now there is no big bid on the table. I have two plans, one is with Lukaku and one is without Lukaku. I prepare myself for both yes and no and now we need to wait two more weeks.”

1 hour ago, Alec_Cobas said:

For two summers the sensation is we struggle A LOT in the market, failing to get players we want

How many players who we actually bid for, did we not get? And when I say 'we actually bid for', I'm not talking about the often hysterical, and mostly disingenuous media 'reports'/speculation - I'm taking about situations where it was confirmed that Chelsea made a real bid, and failed? Stones and...........?

Sea foot   
7 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

How many players who we actually bid for, did we not get? And when I say 'we actually bid for', I'm not talking about the often hysterical, and mostly disingenuous media 'reports'/speculation - I'm taking about situations where it was confirmed that Chelsea made a real bid, and failed? Stones and...........?

Ahh now Michael, don't let common sense get in the way of a good meltdown.

Chelsea haven't done too bad this window, especially compared to the last summer window.  Kante and even a short Batshuayi (spellcheck?) cameo has shown promise, and I rate a lot of the players Chelsea have been linked with.  Unfortunately for that same reason the clubs are reluctant to let them go and we've had to deal with some difficult clubs who are putting substantial mark ups on the fee, others offering the player and then seemingly saying they're not for sale.

A theme that's running in the press at the moment is Conte will not pay over the worth of an average player and is looking for value for money.  The other option of course is to settle for a mediocre player for the sake of making a deal.

As I've said before it would've been a stretch to fulfil all of Chelsea's needs this window alone, but I feel we are going in the right direction.  I still hope for another defender at least, but we may have to consider playing safe tactics until the market re-opens.