Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Miazga is here too but Conte continues to say 'We have only five at the back (Zouma injured)', so it's obvious he wants another players. Forget Omeruo, Miazga...

56 minutes ago, haifarul said:

Was it actually confirmed, though? Omeruo isn't listed in the Besiktas squad (http://www.bjk.com.tr/en/team/1/)

Shame about Miazga as I think there is talent there. Working another season here rather than a loan, and learning from JT and a manager like Conte would probably be more beneficial than a pointless loan. 

chelboy   

Our last 2 bids for a defender have been for a left footed CB with pretty decent ball playing skills. There aren't many left footed CB so I think Conte really wants that type of CB. Not just any type of CB. This makes it harder to find the player he wants.

2 hours ago, ripz said:

Seems so nuts when we have Kalas and Christensen on loan that we look like we're going to panic buy anyone who will come AGAIN, just like djilo last season. What I want our club to do is buy someone we actually want, not buy an "anyone will do" player again. Still annoys me that Ashley Williams was a real straight forward 12m deal and we didn't even look at it.

For all the people bashing the club, you have to also look at the players themselves, if they really wanted to come to us badly they could easily make the move happen but they don't , they could go on strike or hand in transfer request or just generally push for the move with the clubs but they don't seem to, the club can only do so much, if the selling club wont accept any offer or ask for such a ridiculous amount then what else do you expect the club to do? The players themselves have to step in if they really want the move, but our targets seem more interested in getting a contract renewal than actually moving.

Maksimovic is on a strike with Torino to force the move. And president Cairo prefers to sell him to another team than Napoli. So... 

2 hours ago, James Prescott said:

It would cost £4 million to bring back Christensen. And I would play him with JT above Cahill. And with Zouma when he is fit. Build a team for the long term.

Pay that. It's far cheaper than signing a new CB. And the long-term plan apparently has always been to bring him back, hence he has not been sold. 

Too easy apparently.

And the Stones saga? Last year it was a war of words between Everton and Jose, in the papers every day. Nothing like that this year.

If that fee is true then it could make sense to bring him, but not too sure at how true this fee is and where it comes from.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

^ I'll go one further ... Why the hell would we be paying someone for our own player?

My guess, and I'll admit it is a guess, is that we might lose out on some incoming money if we recalled him but that is not the same thing.

It is one of those bizarre, counter intuitive accepted truths that looks absurd when you look at it for what it is but makes for good transfer knowledge posturing ... We are going to pay another club to have our own player. Not sure I buy it.

The only reason I can think of is: that Chelsea and BMG have an agreement for him to play at BMG for the season. So the fee would be to cancel that agreement? As an inconvenience payment.

Kezza   

Miazga or Djilo. I don't see any difference at this point. Therefore if the club is going to Djilo route again hopefully they remember they have Miazga.

ripz   

You know things are hard when Mustafi is quoted at £50m and Jonny Evans is quoted at £25m, Arsenal are having it just as bad as us.  £25m sounds insane for a 32yo Chiellini but compared to Maksimovic or Evans I'd have Chiellini all day long.

Edited by ripz

GURJ SS   
1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Miazga or Djilo. I don't see any difference at this point. Therefore if the club is going to Djilo route again hopefully they remember they have Miazga.

I agree, if we can't get a top centre back in we might as well use Miazga than go buy someone just like Miazga.

If we are to spend big it needs to be on a player who is head and shoulders above all our centre backs, there is no point in spending £50m+ on a centre back who will end up on the bench behind Zouma and Christiensen next season; we already have plenty of players to do that for us. I would rather us negotiate a deal with Juve for Bonucci to sign next season than sign someone this season who is only half as good.

Edited by GURJ SS
Spelling