Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zoowraa   
48 minutes ago, nutmegsw6 said:

Seems the De Sciglio links are surfacing again, a player that could definitely solve a long standing problem: 

http://www.punditarena.com/football/English-football/chelsea/gbrennan/chelsea-ready-to-jettison-fabregas-in-order-to-poach-milan-defender/

Not sure on this link. I don't think there is a great deal of logic behind the link, which makes me think it's a little made up.

He falls into the same category as Azpilicueta, in that he is more naturally right sided, but spent majority of his time at Milan at left back. This is why I don't quite see the logic behind it. He is a good player, but no better than Azpi should he move to natural right side, whilst we have just spent £24 million on a left sided defender.

Whilst he is a good player, an argument could be made he has gone a little backwards in the last couple of years. He looked like he was going to one of the best full backs around, but pressure of being in some poor Milan teams over the last couple of years seems to have dented his confidence a little.

EDIT - Just noticed the article refers to De Sciglio as a centre back. Not sure he has ever played there, only seem him at full back. Makes me question the link even more.

Edited by Zoowraa

I was thinking more with De Sciglio playing left back in a three with Alonso playing wing back, as in the Hull game. Azpi would play on the right, but as they are both able to play left or right, that would certainly give us team flexibility if players are suspended or injured. I understand he has unfulfilled potential, though he was highly rated and he is good both defensively and going forward, also Conte.seems to like him, and he is 23, which would be good future planning if suitable. Milan were after Fabregas so it might well be agreeable by both parties. 

Edited by nutmegsw6

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2965307/chelsea-in-talks-to-send-fabregas-to-ac-milan-for-10m-and-de-sciglio

Espn now carrying this story, it seems to be coming from CalcioMercato. True or not those clamouring for Fabregas to be in the team may be disappointed, like Oscar he may just be the kind of player that Italian football would suit better and that could provide those much needed rebuilding funds. 

Edited by nutmegsw6

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

So Barca has taken note of Christensen. Have we taken note yet?

I believe the reason he was sent on a two season loan to Borussia Munchengladbach was because the club believed he would get the required game time at a decent level that he probably wouldn't get here (or anywhere else) in readiness for him to become a fully-fledged first team squad member for 2017/18. We've apparently turned down offers for him already in the summer, and prior to his loan, he signed a long-term contract (until end of June 2020) with us.

I laugh when I see stories about such-and-such a club making a "shock" bid for him. I'd be more shocked if nobody enquired about him, to be honest. For all the "the board don't know what they're doing" posts (and I admit that from time to time I question the sanity as well as the ability of those at the top myself), the club's handling of Christensen (so far) has been very good.

We won't really find out until next summer at the earliest whether he a) becomes part of the squad or not, and b) if he does, whether he becomes a valuable/useful member of the squad.

Holymoly   

So Hazard plus cash in exchange for Bonucci according to the Sun

Ham   
On 10/10/2016 at 3:00 PM, Holymoly said:

So Hazard plus cash in exchange for Bonucci according to the Sun

2013-02-22 18.00.31.jpg

Edited by Ham

Not sure if you talked here about it, but Walter Sabatini is no longer working at Roma and the rumors about him joining Chelsea. Maybe Roma have not achieved a lot in recent years but his work at signing players for low fees was great. He has a great experience and could become a vital member of our board (Conte apparently would love to work with him).