Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

What's really good is the manager is being backed big in the transfer market and we're getting important positions filled before the season starts. Arguably the position we needed most has been filled.

This does restore my faith in the board a little - not just the signing and the fee, but the timing of it. Done and dusted well in time for the season. 

Just need another CM and a couple of wing backs, and likely another back up striker. CM probably most urgent given Bakayoko's injury.

Edited by James Prescott

There we go people, now will people start to calm down and appreciate what the board are doing.

Tiemoue Bakayoko, Willy Caballero, Alvaro Morata and Antonio Rudiger, that is a pretty decent window so far. I would also argue from that list at least 3 of the 4 were our first choice for the positions, only maybe Rudiger was not.

I expect a WB will be in in the not to distant future and possibly another CB.

Good times!

colossus   

Hopefully Madrid spends the money they are getting for Morata on De Gea. Putting United in a tough spot, and improving our chances of keeping Thibaut long term.

Sir   

The transfer fee for Morata in my opinion is criminal.

If he's worth that, 'logically' how much is Costa worth?

12 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

What's really good is the manager is being backed big in the transfer market

Absolutely right James. All the woe because we hadn't done too much; these are millions and millions of pounds worth of business, not just a few quid on a Happy Meal. The size of the transfer fees no longer mean clubs just pay a transfer fee and the player moves; there's agent fees, third party fees, signing on fees, image right deals, sponsorship announcements, clauses for this, that and the other. They're complicated and intricate deals hence the lawyers right, left and centre. 

Those that have said "just pay the money" (which you have been guilty of Jimmy) haven't really grasped just how complex the transfer of a player - a very high profile, highly priced player from the worlds biggest and most famous club - can actually be. 

colossus   
4 minutes ago, Sir said:

Value doesn't mean as much if a player publicly states there is only one team he'll play for.

DannyLB   
5 minutes ago, Sir said:

Less due to age and attitude issues, but realistically still a 50mil asset in today's market.

15 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

There we go people, now will people start to calm down and appreciate what the board are doing.

Tiemoue Bakayoko, Willy Caballero, Alvaro Morata and Antonio Rudiger, that is a pretty decent window so far. I would also argue from that list at least 3 of the 4 were our first choice for the positions, only maybe Rudiger was not.

I expect a WB will be in in the not to distant future and possibly another CB.

Good times!

Exactly, and goosfraba people.

If it's £70 million we have had a pants pulled down and with no lube by Madrid if he's going to be are main striker hazard will have to chip in with more goals which he is capable of