Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

colossus   
1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Do they actually need to 'tap up' a player who has essentially said he wants to go back to AM at every opportunity since he joined us? ;-)

Haha, I am sure they don't need to, but I can imagine them stoking the fire wherever they can :)

I can't imagine his agent would be promoting anything that drops their cut..

Zidane   

BBC reporting the Morata fee as 60m.

So far this close season we have done the following:

Begovic > Willy

Christensen > Ake

Rudiger > Terry

Bakayoko > Matic (seemingly)

Morata > Costa

For me, that overall is not much of an upgrade an if anything I think we have downgraded in places (Costa and Begovic are better than Morata and Willy). In addition, I do not think at this moment in time Baka is better than Matic (could be wrong on this one though as my main worry is stamina and passing), while Rudiger is better than JT mk2017, the leadership lost there will be felt. That said, with the way the market is right now, I do not think there is much else we could do. Going forward we will still need another 1 (possibly 2 WB's) an AM and ideally a CM (although I get the feeling Pasalic could be this season's Moses).  

colossus   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Why would they need to tap him up ?

Wayne Rooney is said to wear Everton Jim jams , Costa wears Athletico shirts on his day off and has been pining for a return seemingly since the moment he got here , he's probably got an AM cover on the iphone he got the famous text on.

Agree, it is primarily him, but they would be doing whatever they could to reduce the price.

kratos   
1 minute ago, Zidane said:

BBC reporting the Morata fee as 60m.

Funny that, other outlets say £70-£78M. Maybe that includes add ons.

1 minute ago, Conte Kante said:

So far this close season we have done the following:

Begovic > Willy

Christensen > Ake

Rudiger > Terry

Bakayoko > Matic (seemingly)

Morata > Costa

For me, that overall is not much of an upgrade an if anything I think we have downgraded in places (Costa and Begovic are better than Morata and Willy). In addition, I do not think at this moment in time Baka is better than Matic (could be wrong on this one though as my main worry is stamina and passing), while Rudiger is better than JT mk2017, the leadership lost there will be felt. That said, with the way the market is right now, I do not think there is much else we could do. Going forward we will still need another 1 (possibly 2 WB's) an AM and ideally a CM (although I get the feeling Pasalic could be this season's Moses).  

Glass half empty kinda guy, huh?

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Why would they need to tap him up ?

Wayne Rooney is said to wear Everton Jim jams , Costa wears Athletico shirts on his day off and has been pining for a return seemingly since the moment he got here , he's probably got an AM cover on the iphone he got the famous text on.

I reckon Costa has got the full AM bedroom set. Bedsheets, wallpaper, clock, lampshade the lot. I mean it would not even surprise me if he has AM branded tissues.  

Sea foot   

I suppose that if AM said to Costa in January, "We want you, you want us but your value has soared and we can't afford you, so, if you start making it public that you want to leave and that you will only come to us, then maybe, just maybe your price will drop. It's a crazy plan but it might just work." would that be classed as tapping up?

Just thinking out loud as it were.