Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Swap him for one of theirs ? Carasco ?

AM won't be doing any swaps just now. They can't register any new players until January, so every player that leaves this summer is a diminution of their squad... something they are clearly not willing to do.

12 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

AM won't be doing any swaps just now. They can't register any new players until January, so every player that leaves this summer is a diminution of their squad... something they are clearly not willing to do.

Depends. They may not want to do it but if it is the only way they are able to finace a deal for there No.1 transfer target (which he is) then they may do. Additionally, as they have been able to keep Griezmann and also have Gaitan and Correa and a number of other young players that can play AM, Carrasco is an option they could maybe do without.

19 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Depends. They may not want to do it but if it is the only way they are able to finace a deal for there No.1 transfer target (which he is) then they may do. Additionally, as they have been able to keep Griezmann and also have Gaitan and Correa and a number of other young players that can play AM, Carrasco is an option they could maybe do without.

Is he? According to the ITKs he is, but "Costa to AM" is not a million miles away from the "Lukaku to Chelsea" scenario, and we all know what happened there. Admittedly in this case we have a player who has repeatedly said he wants to return there and no where else... but that doesn't mean he is AM's number one target. A target... maybe? The number one target, though? I'm not so sure. Beware of falling for the 'romantic' or 'obvious' story.

1 minute ago, Uber Robben said:

Reduce the fee for Costa and get first dibs on Griezmann?

Interesting thought, but would it be a deal that would stand up over time?

Leo91   

Insigne would be brilliant if only he didn't play for Napoli. Trying to deal with them is a nightmare. 

colossus   

Just wondering, could the following situation go down?

We sell Matic to Inter, as we refuse to sell to United. United offer to buy Perisic from Inter, and Matic in top. Topping up the Perisic fee with some extra fee for Matic.

Possible? Any ramifications if it did happen? I know it is Juventus who are supposedly in for Matic, but any chance Inter/United doing such a deal?

3 minutes ago, colossus said:

Just wondering, could the following situation go down?

We sell Matic to Inter, as we refuse to sell to United. United offer to buy Perisic from Inter, and Matic in top. Topping up the Perisic fee with some extra fee for Matic.

Possible? Any ramifications if it did happen? I know it is Juventus who are supposedly in for Matic, but any chance Inter/United doing such a deal?

Are you saying what I think you're saying? We refuse to sell Matic to Utd, so Utd get Inter to buy him and then Inter sell both Matic and Perisic to Utd???

Not sure what it is you're smoking, but I suggest you stop right now!

colossus   
23 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Are you saying what I think you're saying? We refuse to sell Matic to Utd, so Utd get Inter to buy him and then Inter sell both Matic and Perisic to Utd???

Not sure what it is you're smoking, but I suggest you stop right now!

Yes. Just wondering if technically possible, within UEFA regulations? Not saying it will happen.

P.S. Not smoking anything, but reasonably drunk, for what it's worth ;)

5 minutes ago, colossus said:

Yes. Just wondering if technically possible, within UEFA regulations? Not saying it will happen.

P.S. Not smoking anything, but reasonably drunk, for what it's worth ;)

Under FIFA rules, I believe a player can be registered with 3 clubs but only play for 2 during the course of a season, so theoretically your scenario would be possible.