Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kev61   

Well Andy Carroll would be an upgrade on what we have - as would vardy and even Crouch(only joking but not by much).I think Abramovich has come to the conclusion that he is not getting much bang for his buck which I agree with.He really needs to get a few football savy people on board.If he doesn't the plans for a new stadium are pie in the sky.

kev61   
13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Conte has apparently said , when asked if we are in for Sanchez " I don't think so".

I wouldn't buy him - too old and too expensive.He is  a player in the same mould as oxlade chamberlain but much better.His best days are behind him.

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

But we've always had squad fillers tbh - even under RA. Sidwell, Pizarro, Ben Haim - Carroll shouldn't be such a huge surprise IMO.

Mate, they each lasted a single season at SB before being shown the door. Because they simply weren't good enough.  They served one purpose - to put Mourinho back in his box. And they weren't perennial crocks like Carroll. FFS, he's even injured right now as we speak! Surely we have plenty of our own to be squad fillers, if that's what we're after? Why help West Ham by taking Carroll off their hands? 

xCELERYx   
5 hours ago, Original 21 said:

But that's not what's being reported today. If you believe the rumours we're negotiating a permanent deal. For a 29 year old, with no resale value.

Oh and he's currently not available to play.

Because he's injured.

Well, if it's a permanent deal then I'm less enthusiastic over it. He makes some sense on a short term loan, or maybe, if you're willing to stretch it, a low cost transfer. But if we're going to play anything beyond the 15m West Ham paid for him we're nuts. 

On the flip side, what other genuine target man types of CF's are currently out there and viable? Benteke? Giroud? The options are paper thin, which sort of explains why Conte really wanted Llorente in the summer. Instead, he got nothing and we've paid the price for that already this season. 

xCELERYx   

Being linked with both Lanzini and Emerson Palmieri now.

The latter plays for Roma and is returning from a ACL injury. Prior to that though he had an excellent 2016/17 season and is still only 23. Likely an alternative to Alex Sandro and a more affordable option than Telles. 

10 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Being linked with both Lanzini and Emerson Palmieri now.

The latter plays for Roma and is returning from a ACL injury. Prior to that though he had an excellent 2016/17 season and is still only 23. Likely an alternative to Alex Sandro and a more affordable option than Telles. 

I'd take either, or both, and be very happy. Manuel Lanzini is an AM who currently plays for West Ham. He's only 24, and has genuine speed, and excellent vision. Palmier, if over his injury, would be a canny option. 

Zoowraa   

This Andy Carroll potential transfer has to be one of the weirdest paths the club has gone down for many years.

Firstly, I actually think he is a bit underrated as a player and could do alright. However, it still does not make sense in the slightest. The general consensus seems to be that Conte will not be here next season, yet this deal strikes me as a deal to get a Conte player and keep him happy.

Its obvious that like previous managers at the club, Conte has not picked all the players we have signed in his reign, but I do genuinely believe this is his decision and I find it really weird that out of all the players he was likely requested, this is the one we are going to potentially make happen.

It does not align with club strategy for buying players over the last decade. Its certainly not money you will recoup, unless he does great off the bench and our fantastic medical team keep him fitter than he has ever been before (not unlikely that they could improve his injury record)

Every now and then this club just does something incredibly bizarre, it looks like we are approaching one of those scenarios very shortly!