Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Still need a creative player like Mahrez. Not sure why the club refuse to recognise the need for another player in that position.

As soon as they mention needs then the price immediately doubles. Keep shtum then present us with a fait accompli.

Meanwhile we'll grumble on over the lack of progess.

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Emerson, Dzeko, Barkley, Mahrez would be one of the most sensible transfer window in a long time. Not to mention a winter transfer window.

Especially if we're going to get handed a transfer ban for transfer irregularities involving youth players...

xCELERYx   
3 hours ago, Kezza said:

Agreed that Vardy seems like the better option. Hungry and wants to play at the highest level too. Although I think that itself counted against him. Having not played for a big club yet I reckon. Same as Mahrez.

Vardy doesn't offer us anything different. His game is also largely based around pace. Once his loses that yard over his first few steps he's going to have to adapt his game. The question will be how long before that decline in pace and if he'll be able to adapt? Will he even still be effective at that point? At 31, his shelf life is limited and for the money involved he represents a greater risk. 

Dzeko on the other hand doesn't rely on speed. His movement is good and he's a threat in the air. His game is more suited to aging better. 

Edited by xCELERYx

Kezza   

Does anyone know what happened to Mandzukic? I remember him being such a utility player for Juventus. Remember him playing left wing and Striker roles for Juventus even at left wingback?

I think we should keep hold of Bats for the remainder of the season, even if we do sign Dzeko.   Bit wayward at times today but played his part and we really should have three strikers at the club anyway.

Don’t see how sending him to Spain or Italy to start over is going to help him much. Better that he sticks around, gets a few more starts and game time here and there and builds up his confidence. Especially as we get into the business end of the season. 

Rob B   
1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

I think we should keep hold of Bats for the remainder of the season, even if we do sign Dzeko.   Bit wayward at times today but played his part and we really should have three strikers at the club anyway.

Don’t see how sending him to Spain or Italy to start over is going to help him much. Better that he sticks around, gets a few more starts and game time here and there and builds up his confidence. Especially as we get into the business end of the season. 

Completely agree. Never understood trying to compete in 4 competitions with just 2 strikers. 

Michy would be fine as third choice, and it also gives us the opportunity to play with two strikers at times.

Then, in the summer,  take a view on Michy and Tammy and decide who is more suited to stick around, and who would benefit most from a loan. 

jangz   
10 hours ago, Rob B said:

Completely agree. Never understood trying to compete in 4 competitions with just 2 strikers. 

Michy would be fine as third choice, and it also gives us the opportunity to play with two strikers at times.

Then, in the summer,  take a view on Michy and Tammy and decide who is more suited to stick around, and who would benefit most from a loan. 

The one thing that happened differently yesterday was we actually tried to play to Michy's strengths. Instead of lumping ball forewards and asking him to win headers and then hold the ball up.. we actually quickened the pace, hence all the one touch /two touch passes and mostly played the ball into his feet.. 

He did miss quite a few opportunities to find a team mate but that can happen when you are not a regular.. I remember the first 20 mins Moses played after returning from injury, his passing was awfull too.. 

Dzeko, Barkley and Emerson would be a great window. Three players who can make an impact now and into next season. 

I think our big target for the summer should be Bailey. Lots of photos online of him in a Chelsea shirt as a kid, he has said there is one English club he really wants to play for. We’ve been linked this window (honestly we should do it now as it’ll be more expensive in the summer). He’s potentially world class and only 20. 

If we buy him and Mahrez then we have to let one of Willian or Musonda go. (Musonda on loan). It’s possible we could go for both and give Musonda a loan, but I think he’s good enough. 

Replace Pedro with him, bring back RLC and/or Van Ginkel, promote Sterling at RWB, make Musonda a full part of the squad, rotating and starting games, maybe even bring back Tammy, (Bats won’t take being third choice, though if he did, keep him and loan out Tammy for one more year) our squad looks very strong, and more emphasis on youth. Possibly at CB if you like, but not absolutely necessary, especially with Ampadu and Zouma to come back.

Then we are in a strong position and now won’t have spend so much in the summer as we have spent well this window. 

Edited by James Prescott