Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Dzeko, Barkley and Emerson would be a great window. Three players who can make an impact now and into next season. 

I think our big target for the summer should be Bailey. Lots of photos online of him in a Chelsea shirt as a kid, he has said there is one English club he really wants to play for. We’ve been linked this window (honestly we should do it now as it’ll be more expensive in the summer). He’s potentially world class and only 20. 

If we buy him and Mahrez then we have to let one of Willian or Musonda go. (Musonda on loan). It’s possible we could go for both and give Musonda a loan, but I think he’s good enough. 

Replace Pedro with him, bring back RLC and/or Van Ginkel, promote Sterling at RWB, make Musonda a full part of the squad, rotating and starting games, maybe even bring back Tammy, (Bats won’t take being third choice, though if he did, keep him and loan out Tammy for one more year) our squad looks very strong, and more emphasis on youth. Possibly at CB if you like, but not absolutely necessary, especially with Ampadu and Zouma to come back.

Then we are in a strong position and now won’t have spend so much in the summer as we have spent well this window. 

Leicester are talking £100m for Mahrez (for those thinking "he's not worth that" he still has 2½ years on his contract and Leicester don't want to sell, so it's their way of saying "hands off unless you give us a shed-load of money")  Bailey's contract is of a similar length, but he's younger (less experienced, so more of a gamble on one hand; future superstar on the other). Do you honestly think Bayer Leverkusen will let him go as cheaply as the £20m or so bandied about in The Sun or the Mirror?

45 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Actually I don’t want Musonda gone at all. If it were up to me he would stay - especially after yesterday. Without doubt. He was great.

I am speculating based on how the club operates.

And I do watch games. Have since 1983. So stop insulting me and patronising me, and misinterpreting my words. Right now. 

I dont think anyone is actually patronising you but window after window you arrive here with views we are struggling to understand and just when we do, they seems to change. You area tough guy to read.

All opinions are welcome but your latest Willian, Musonda and Pedro opinions fly in the face of logic. Willian particularly tears opponents apart, for me the only discussion is why doesnt he start more games. I would hate to lose him.

Kezza   
1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

Jose never drops players he buys, he doesnt want to be seen as wrong, so something will have to give there just isn't enough places.

Look at how fast he gave up on Mkhi and ship him out though. Jose could care less about giving time and developing a player. You either adapt yourself or off you go.

Kezza   

The time to sign Mahrez was last summer. He came close to signing on deadline day. Not sure what happened there.

Zoowraa   
9 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

This one has to be a joke. Not only is he ****, he’s also a complete scumbag of a player. 

Just can’t see it. Surely all these links are just the football media having a bit of a laugh at our expense. I give it 24hrs before Fellaini emerges as the latest link. They have to be putting 2 + 2 together off the back of Carroll link.

2 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Just can’t see it. Surely all these links are just the football media having a bit of a laugh at our expense. I give it 24hrs before Fellaini emerges as the latest link. They have to be putting 2 + 2 together off the back of Carroll link.

Yeah this one almost gives the game away, bizarre. 

Rob B   

Tell you what though, I’d take Barnes over Carroll, Crouch or Benteke any day of the week!

Hoping for Dzeko mind you. 

Unless we're looking for two strikers, of course. 

One who's a direct challenger to Morata (likely Dzeko), the other just to provide backup in case of injury (this is on the thinking that Batshuayi will be out of the door as he's deemed to be not reliable/good enough to start in place of Morata).

Looking at the names we're being linked to, there's definitely two tiers in terms of quality.

25 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

This one has to be a joke. Not only is he ****, he’s also a complete scumbag of a player. 

seems nobody has any idea so its fun to throw up a name that will wind us up