Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Zaha or Martial for sure if we go after another am/winger. 

I still think we need another top quality cm, Milinkovic Savic would be the one but hugely unlikely.  Someone of that mould though I think is vital.

Yeah, if we could get SMS we would actually have one of the best CM's in the world. Kante, Jorginnho, SMS, Cesc, RLC, Drinkwater/Golovin would be insane and set for years. However, as you say it is very unlikely. 

As for AM we really need to get moving in that position as at the moment the only one's with certain futures going into next season seem to be Barkley, Pedro and H-O which is definitely not good enough. 

Edited by Conte Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   

Why do people regard Martial as a winger? He's first and foremost a forward capable of playing the lone striker role. His strength is his composure and clinical finishing. Will be a great player if played right. Just because Jose plays him as a winger doesn't mean he plays well there. In fact this could be the whole reason why he's arrived in his current situation where he might be leaving.

Edited by Kezza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, Martial should only be considered for a squad role in the first instance. If he's not good enough to start for Manchester United, then we shouldn't hang our hopes on him supplying the goods for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   
59 minutes ago, Carefree1991 said:

For me, Martial should only be considered for a squad role in the first instance. If he's not good enough to start for Manchester United, then we shouldn't hang our hopes on him supplying the goods for us.

He's not good enough for Mourinho. And we've seen how that turned out in many other examples of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kezza said:

He's not good enough for Mourinho. 

21 at start of the seaons, involved in 30 PL games, starting 18 of them, and missing a few through injury.
That sounds like JM likes him, doesn't it?

If JM thinks the best way to motivate player A is with criticism, and player B is with praise, that is what he will do.  I wouldn't take either from JM too literally.

13 minutes ago, Kezza said:

And we've seen how that turned out in many other examples of players.

You really do like to make snidey remarks about JM.  Who was the last player that complained about JM to the press?  They love him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martial is over rated on here. Now do not get me wrong, he does show potential and has a high celing, however, his mentality is a big problem and his lack of progress over the past two years is a very big concern. For me he is a player that I would be happy to be brought in as a squad option with the hope he delivers on his promise. However, if anyone sanctions a £60m+ fee they need sacking as he has not shown anything near the consistency to deserve such a transfer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kezza said:

He's not good enough for Mourinho. And we've seen how that turned out in many other examples of players.

Which is why I said if bought, then it should be as a squad in the first instance.

 

3 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Martial is over rated on here. Now do not get me wrong, he does show potential and has a high celing, however, his mentality is a big problem and his lack of progress over the past two years is a very big concern. For me he is a player that I would be happy to be brought in as a squad option with the hope he delivers on his promise. However, if anyone sanctions a £60m+ fee they need sacking as he has not shown anything near the consistency to deserve such a transfer. 

Totally agree, great potential, but not someone I would look at to improve our first team right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming to the view that this window is going to be a disaster for all PL clubs with the World Cup factored in. So little meaningful business done, with the rest of Europe in a pretty good position to wait until clubs are desperate in the first week of August and then have time themselves to spend their earnings. We have been circumspect when it came to seeing how TV and Neymar money changed the market, and I can see us being even more wary now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Coming to the view that this window is going to be a disaster for all PL clubs with the World Cup factored in. So little meaningful business done, with the rest of Europe in a pretty good position to wait until clubs are desperate in the first week of August and then have time themselves to spend their earnings. We have been circumspect when it came to seeing how TV and Neymar money changed the market, and I can see us being even more wary now. 

I think you're spot on , as a club we seemingly work at what , from the outside appears to be glacial speed , desperate to ensure we get the best deal imaginable , which although a good thing does not lend itself to the machinations of a very small post World Cup transfer window .

I cannot see any United deals being pushed through and you could argue they need players just as much as we do .

City got Mahrez but that's been going on since last season , Liverpool got Alisson but Keita the Gerrard fan who supported Barca as a child was done last season .

Very little else appears to be happening and it has to be self inflicted lack of time I'm afraid . 

Nice way to show Sarri he is supported by the board though , although why he should be any different I don't know . 

So far we have bought a fancy version of a holding midfielder , whoop de do .

Welcome to Sarriball lite.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now