Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Leo91   
3 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

There are enough academy players who are at the same level as Thorgan. 

Don't know many academy players who are scoring on the international level and scoring goals in the Bundesliga. 

5 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Don't know many academy players who are scoring on the international level and scoring goals in the Bundesliga. 

Could bring Bats back from loan, who has a better goal ratio for club and country

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, JaneB said:

Fantastic news! Now can he just play where he's meant to please.

Sorry, but people who keep saying this have a complete misunderstanding of how Sarri's football works.

Jorginho plays the Pirlo role, the deep lying playmaker. Sarri doesn't use a traditional DM. Kante isn't a traditional DM anyway - he's more an Essien, who can play DM but can also play box-to-box. Anyone who watched Sarri's Napoli last season sees why Jorginho plays that role and what he does there - it's vital to Sarri's system. And Kante still does a lot of defensive work in his postion anyway. He actually played pretty well on Saturday, relatively speaking.

The way Sarri defends is pressing from the front, as a block. The third goal v Spurs was due to Kovacic and Alonso not defending properly, Jorginho was dragged out of position, and that left Luiz on his own to defend Son - if Alonso or Kovacic had defended well there, Jorginho would have been central and been able to help close down Son, meaning no goal most likely. Kante would have had the same issue.

Sarri's system takes time to learn. This is like Pep's first season at City, we're still unlearning old habits and how to play Sarri's way instinctively, at pace. It means we'll lose more games like Spurs, only finish 3rd or 4th, but by next season, we'll be playing it instictively.

We do need better full backs, and we need a new RW and a ST. I suspect the club will get these, we'll keep adapting and learning, and by next season we'll be playing his way insitctviely and we'll all love it.

Sarri doesn't have a plan B. He's like Pep. And it takes time to learn his style and make it instinctive, automatic.

4 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Could bring Bats back from loan, who has a better goal ratio for club and country

Yeah, with his record of 1 goal from 12 league games and being third choice at an average club, I'm sure he'll score 25 goals a season here.

Sea foot   

A bit early for you isn't it James. It's only November.🙂 

Agree with what you said though.

JaneB   
2 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Sorry, but people who keep saying this have a complete misunderstanding of how Sarri's football works.

Jorginho plays the Pirlo role, the deep lying playmaker. Sarri doesn't use a traditional DM. Kante isn't a traditional DM anyway - he's more an Essien, who can play DM but can also play box-to-box. Anyone who watched Sarri's Napoli last season sees why Jorginho plays that role and what he does there - it's vital to Sarri's system. And Kante still does a lot of defensive work in his postion anyway. He actually played pretty well on Saturday, relatively speaking.

The way Sarri defends is pressing from the front, as a block. The third goal v Spurs was due to Kovacic and Alonso not defending properly, Jorginho was dragged out of position, and that left Luiz on his own to defend Son - if Alonso or Kovacic had defended well there, Jorginho would have been central and been able to help close down Son, meaning no goal most likely. Kante would have had the same issue.

Sarri's system takes time to learn. This is like Pep's first season at City, we're still unlearning old habits and how to play Sarri's way instinctively, at pace. It means we'll lose more games like Spurs, only finish 3rd or 4th, but by next season, we'll be playing it instictively.

We do need better full backs, and we need a new RW and a ST. I suspect the club will get these, we'll keep adapting and learning, and by next season we'll be playing his way insitctviely and we'll all love it.

Sarri doesn't have a plan B. He's like Pep. And it takes time to learn his style and make it instinctive, automatic.

Welcome back James!!  Always ready to be educated...

Yeah, with his record of 1 goal from 12 league games and being third choice at an average club, I'm sure he'll score 25 goals a season here.

What’s the alternative JP?

.We do need better full backs, and we need a new RW and a ST. I suspect the club will get these,

Queue Marina bashing by mid Jan when nothing happens. 

51 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Queue Marina bashing by mid Jan when nothing happens. 

Naah, not anymore.  I admit, that was childish and unnessary.

59 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

What’s the alternative JP?

We we need 4 players as I see it.

A ST, RW, RB and possibly a CB if and when Cahill finally puts us out of our misery and leaves in January, and Ampadu likely goes on loan. A Jorginho backup when Fabregas goes (also possibly in January) - his contract is nearly up and won't be renewed IMO. Moses is going in January, and CHO will likely leave on loan, so by necessity we'll likely need a RW too.

I suspect ST and RB will wait till the summer plus replacements for anyone who leaves. I can see Mount coming back instead of us buying Kovacic.

Chelsea will have to buy in January just because of pure numbers IMO.

Last summer gives me hope that we're finally learning the lessons and getting transfer policy right. Even if we buy no one, you won't see any more rants about Marina or the board. In fact, the real problem is chief scout who recommended Drinkwater, Carroll, Crouch, Barnes and Butland, Craig McLaughlin, and the lack of a DOF.

Sarri is a long term project, including for the club/board IMO, so there's time to build the squad for next season. Think of this as Pep's first season at City. There'll be some big defeats, bumps along the way, but the process is what matters. It's a long term thing.

And thanks everyone for the kind welcome, honestly, it's nice to be missed. I don't intend being here too much, gotta take care of my emotional and mental health. But I will drop in from time to time.