Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Arkie   

Getting Icardi would be similar to City's purchase of Aguero.

A top player with several years ahead oh him. Proven in tough league and has massive heart for a fight. A captain material .

Saying that will obviously never happen and we just sign another Demba Ba.

A few rumours saying that we are looking at a combination of Fekir, Pulisic and Higuain. To be honest, I do not see all of them happening but I think those are the type of deals that make sense for this Jan. The only issue I may have is with Higuain who I would only want on a six month loan and see how he goes. That said, he looks the most unlikely as he is already on loan. 

Leo91   
1 hour ago, Arkie said:

Getting Icardi would be similar to City's purchase of Aguero.

A top player with several years ahead oh him. Proven in tough league and has massive heart for a fight. A captain material .

Saying that will obviously never happen and we just sign another Demba Ba.

He wasn't great but I've got fond memories of Ba.

Edited by Leo91

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

A few rumours saying that we are looking at a combination of Fekir, Pulisic and Higuain. To be honest, I do not see all of them happening but I think those are the type of deals that make sense for this Jan. The only issue I may have is with Higuain who I would only want on a six month loan and see how he goes. That said, he looks the most unlikely as he is already on loan. 

I read an article that Real Madrid had come in for Fekir and saw him as a replacement for Modric. I found this baffling because I thought he played much further forward in an advanced No 10 position, so I wonder what role we are looking for him to play. Could be in the 8, at AM or CF.

There a couple of players at Eintracht Frankfurt we could look at for CF - Luka Jovic who is only 20 with 12 league goals from 11 starts, and also Sebastian Hellar looks a handy physical player in the mould of a younger more mobile Giroud I think has 9 goals and 8 assists in 15 starts

Still don't see the club going for Higuain and Gattuso said he wouldn't let him leave. Pulisic is very 'meh' for me, why pay that money for another AM who scores 5 goals a season in a weaker league there must be far better options for 70m

Leo91   

I don't know much about Genoas financial situation but a big fee for Piatek and I would be surprised if they turn it down.

4 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Pulisic is very 'meh' for me, why pay that money for another AM who scores 5 goals a season in a weaker league there must be far better options for 70m

Pulisic has started 5 games so far this season in the Bundesliga... 1 goal and 2 assists.

I'm not sure that warrants a €70m fee.

Jadon Sancho has started 10, scored 6 and assisted 8. 

They're both RWs.

Jadon is two years younger. We're quite clearly going for the wrong lad. 

xCELERYx   
18 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

You reallybare very bitter aren't you? 

Hardly bitter, mate. Simply don't appreciate that how Sarri has handled the situation in regards to someone who has clearly showed some talent when he's played with the first team in a position that isn't exactly well stocked. To effectively rule him out of any sort of PL contention because of his age is ridiculous, which could also be the defining factor in whether CHO stays or goes.

But I suppose you don't really care because all you're really worried about is the aesthetic of the football we play now, and forning over a manager who has achieved absolutely nothing in his career. Each to their own I suppose. 

xCELERYx   
9 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Still don't see the club going for Higuain and Gattuso said he wouldn't let him leave. Pulisic is very 'meh' for me, why pay that money for another AM who scores 5 goals a season in a weaker league there must be far better options for 70m

Talk is that we'll do a straight loan swap between Morata and Higuain, Juve will just need to approve first - given they still own Higuain.

Pulisic is underwhelming for the money being thrown about. I'd rather we just give CHO an actual opportunity than spend £70m on another wide player who doesn't create or score frequently enough, and gets most of his praise for his dribbling. 

xCELERYx   
7 hours ago, Leo91 said:

I don't know much about Genoas financial situation but a big fee for Piatek and I would be surprised if they turn it down.

Doubt he'll move January. End of the season is probably the more likely case. Although he is worth keeping an eye on and been performing well. 

Kezza   

So another potentially useless loan for Morata when we could have outright sold him. I say our negotiators have a hard time moving players on and just seeking the easy way out by agreeing to a loan.