Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

11 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Talk is that we'll do a straight loan swap between Morata and Higuain, Juve will just need to approve first - given they still own Higuain.

Pulisic is underwhelming for the money being thrown about. I'd rather we just give CHO an actual opportunity than spend £70m on another wide player who doesn't create or score frequently enough, and gets most of his praise for his dribbling. 

Indeed, Pulisic is massively overhyped mostly because of his nationality. I suppose that’s why Marina is interested.

I expect , seeing as the coach doesn't care that our board will be buying into any old rubbish their pet agents say are good , Pulisic for one , overhyped and underwhelming.

If we spend 70m euros in him she has to go .

jones   

I think it is equally likely we are after Pulisic, as it is Pulisic’ crew spreading fake news to increase his attractiveness.

Higuain makes a lot of sense, and we should have made the deal in the summer. We need goals and a CF like him will make Willian (or whoever is RW) play better too. Good short term option to sort our big problems up front.

CHO must be pleased to make him sign a new contract. Play him.

Hope Fabregas and Luiz sign extensions. They offer leadership, experience and winning mentality.

Morata, Drinkwater, Moses and Cahill to go in January, and Giroud, Zappacosta and perhaps Willian and Barkley in the summer. Also do not see the need to buy Kovacic, skillful but limited output.

1 minute ago, jones said:

I think it is equally likely we are after Pulisic, as it is Pulisic’ crew spreading fake news to increase his attractiveness.

That would be very unusual.  Normally the odds are not 50/50 but 95/05 that it is agent bs.

2 minutes ago, jones said:

CHO must be pleased to make him sign a new contract. Play him.

Not sure - generally playing him more simply makes him look more attractive to other clubs.

On 25/12/2018 at 3:10 AM, xCELERYx said:

Hardly bitter, mate. Simply don't appreciate that how Sarri has handled the situation in regards to someone who has clearly showed some talent when he's played with the first team in a position that isn't exactly well stocked. To effectively rule him out of any sort of PL contention because of his age is ridiculous, which could also be the defining factor in whether CHO stays or goes.

What situation are you talking about?

I assume you are talking about the press claiming he won't sign a new contract due to a lack of playing time, after 18 games into the season? Personally I find it very hard to believe that a boy who has just turned 18 is walking into contract negotiations and demanding more playing time or he won't sign a new contract but I suppose we all see what we want in these stories.

I also find it very hard to imagine him not being pretty happy right now. An 18 year old boy, training day in day out with our current team. Learning from players like Hazard, Pedro, Willian, being coached by Gianfranco Zola, being in and around one of the greatest cities on the planet, with the potential to become a millionaire overnight when he signs a new contract. 

Just because Jordan Sancho has moved abroad and had some success doesn't mean every promising 18 year old Englishman is going to do the same, I'd imagine very few will follow in his footsteps, even less 18 year olds that are born and bred in london, about to sign a life changing contract, playing for the only team in London to win the European cup.

But hey lets not form our own opinion and just believe what the press want us to.

But I suppose you don't really care because all you're really worried about is the aesthetic of the football we play now, and forning over a manager who has achieved absolutely nothing in his career. Each to their own I suppose. 

You are so wrong. Firstly it's not that I don't care it's quite simply that I don't believe the media. If and when he leaves then maybe I'll lay some blame at the managers feet. 

Ironically our two most successful youth  players in a long time both left under your man's watch.

Secondly I wouldn't care in the slightest if Sarri was sacked tomorrow, I have no feelings for him whatsoever. 

I just wanted that hideous, petulant manager out of my football and thankfully it happened. 

It didn't matter where we went after him, it was always going to be better to watch and less destructive.

It might take us a while to find the right man and rebuild the squad so we are back competing at the top but the reality  after two years of Conte. 

Sarri was never the man to come in and get us competing for the league within 6 months. That's not what his appointment was about , it's not what this season is about.

jones   

Moses, Drinkwater and Cahill not used, wont need replacing and can possibly recoup around 40m in January. Add Zappacosta who can be replaced by Reece James in the summer, and the number is close to 60. This will help us balance the books from the summer (75m net spend), and probably wont finance new players.

Before next season, we need a CB, RW and CF. At least. Will cost around 200-250m.

We have several on loan players, like Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Zouma, Kenedy, Aina who will never see first team action again. They should be able to recoup 100-110m and can fund our next CF. 

Then we have Morata and Willian, who can bring in another 80m and with a couple of other loan players like MvG, Kalas, Pasalic etc that will probably be enough to fund the three players.

Amapdu, CHO, Mount, James and Abraham must be phased into the first team over the next 1-2 seasons. They are all good enough to be squad players already, and their potential is of at least first team quality.

So what we need to do is liquidate our deadweight assets asap, strengthen the first team with world class players and supplement the squad with talented and hungry academy players.

Feels like it is not the first time I have said that ...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jones said:

Moses, Drinkwater and Cahill not used, wont need replacing and can possibly recoup around 40m in January. Add Zappacosta who can be replaced by Reece James in the summer, and the number is close to 60. This will help us balance the books from the summer (75m net spend), and probably wont finance new players.

Before next season, we need a CB, RW and CF. At least. Will cost around 200-250m.

We have several on loan players, like Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Zouma, Kenedy, Aina who will never see first team action again. They should be able to recoup 100-110m and can fund our next CF. 

Then we have Morata and Willian, who can bring in another 80m and with a couple of other loan players like MvG, Kalas, Pasalic etc that will probably be enough to fund the three players.

Amapdu, CHO, Mount, James and Abraham must be phased into the first team over the next 1-2 seasons. They are all good enough to be squad players already, and their potential is of at least first team quality.

So what we need to do is liquidate our deadweight assets asap, strengthen the first team with world class players and supplement the squad with talented and hungry academy players.

Won't happen will it

25 minutes ago, jones said:

I need to win Euromillions to not go back to work 2nd January.

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I need to win Euromillions to not go back to work 2nd January.

Blimey  I'm in tomorrow.

xCELERYx   
11 hours ago, jones said:

There is no way we'll be getting £60m from selling Moses, Drinkwater and Cahill. Cahill will leave on a free, if reports are true we'll be selling Moses to Palace for around £12m. There's no way that we're going to recoup the money we spent on Drinkwater, let alone convince a side to pay more. So we're probably looking at something along the lines of £20-25m for Drinkwater on a good day. Zappacosta probably fetches a similar price to Moses if he was to also leave. This highly optimistic £60m suddenly looks more like £40-45 million give or take. There's also no chance that Reece James get a look in next season, even as a second choice fullback. 

The rest I'm not going to address because it reads too much like fantasy football and you're certainly on the highly optimistic side of things, I'll give you that.