Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Are we really letting Cesc go in Jan ? Who's gonna play the deep midfielder role in Europe ?

I hope he gives Ampadu chance to impress. I think he can do well in that position .

Leo91   

Well injuries aside, Joringho Kante and Kova are the starting CM's on the weekend. But who are the starting CM's in the cup games ? I was thinking about Ampadu. Is he back now after that injury ? Drinkwater is out even if Sarri had a change of heart. It just doesn't add up we'll sell Cesc to me.

Playing a little bit of hypothetical football manager of realistic targets. Focusing on agents we're working with currently and in the past.

Giuliano Bertolucci has David Luiz and Piazon on his books. As well as Oscar and Alex from the past. So no stranger to the club. One of his other clients; West Hams Felipe Anderson... Willian replacement ? 

Edited by Leo91

xCELERYx   
56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Letting Fabregas go is insane , what happens if Jorginho gets injured ? 

We need more quality not less.

This is what happens when you don't give players enough meaningful playing time. Eventually they'll want to leave so they can play. Don't expect Fabregas to be the only one who looks elsewhere for game time come January either. 

The biggest problem now is trying to find a replacement who is going to be satisfied with virtually no real playing time outside of cup competitions. We'll probably have to make do with someone like Kovacic slotting in when required. 

Leo91   

I forgot how ridiculous our loan list is. Todd Kane, 25, 8 loans. Omeruo, 25, 6th loan. Why did Tomas Kalas sign a 5 year contract with us in 2017 during his 6th loan spell at Fulham. People complain about stockpiling talent but we're not holding a gun to these players heads either. 

9 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I forgot how ridiculous our loan list is. Todd Kane, 25, 8 loans. Omeruo, 25, 6th loan. Why did Tomas Kalas sign a 5 year contract with us in 2017 during his 6th loan spell at Fulham. People complain about stockpiling talent but we're not holding a gun to these players heads either. 

Given the choice between a year Chelsea contract while he goes gigging around the Championship, and gigging around the Championship on 6 month contracts, I know what I would do.

apparently B. Munich want CHO. Reports are that So far they have offered 20m but Chelsea are holding out for £40m (probably settle for 30m and that would be an absolute bargain ). 

His contracts up in 2020 so who can blame him for wanting out. Strange how other big clubs can see the talent and our club can't (although we  think he's worth 40m so we must see something in him, it's just we never play him??).    

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

apparently B. Munich want CHO. Reports are that So far they have offered 20m but Chelsea are holding out for £40m (probably settle for 30m and that would be an absolute bargain ). 

His contracts up in 2020 so who can blame him for wanting out. Strange how other big clubs can see the talent and our club can't (although we  think he's worth 40m so we must see something in him, it's just we never play him??).    

What's worse is we're seeming going to spend £45m on Pulisic, a 20 year old who by all accounts has stagnated over the last 12 months and currently has been pushed of the Dortmund side by Sancho. Not to mention he's hardly a reliable source of production either. 

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

What's worse is we're seeming going to spend £45m on Pulisic, a 20 year old who by all accounts has stagnated over the last 12 months and currently has been pushed of the Dortmund side by Sancho. Not to mention he's hardly a reliable source of production either. 

A lot like our recent transfer policy - bizarre  and costly. Its weird but the last time we had meaningful coordinated transfer activity was that summer Jose brought in Costa, Fabregas and DD on loan. I think Zouma was the other guy. 

Its been wildly downhill from there - Falcao, Pato, selling Matic, Alonso (Conte saved his career by switching him to a wingback), Miazga, selling Costa, Morata instead of Lukaku, passing on Oxlade but signing Barkley, ditto Alisson for Kepa, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Batshuayi, Zappacosta, Emerson...I remember that summer Jose wanted John Stones and he has been great for City.

Got a gem in Kante and 2 decent ones in Jorgi and Kovacic though..

I hope the club listens to Sarri in terms of Fabregas. We can't lose someone like him IMO. 

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

A lot like our recent transfer policy - bizarre  and costly. Its weird but the last time we had meaningful coordinated transfer activity was that summer Jose brought in Costa, Fabregas and DD on loan. I think Zouma was the other guy. 

Its been wildly downhill from there - Falcao, Pato, selling Matic, Alonso (Conte saved his career by switching him to a wingback), Miazga, selling Costa, Morata instead of Lukaku, passing on Oxlade but signing Barkley, ditto Alisson for Kepa, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Batshuayi, Zappacosta, Emerson...I remember that summer Jose wanted John Stones and he has been great for City.

Got a gem in Kante and 2 decent ones in Jorgi and Kovacic though..

I hope the club listens to Sarri in terms of Fabregas. We can't lose someone like him IMO. 

Certainly hasn't been great that's for sure. Wasted a lot of money on fringe players that don't move the needle and weren't our managers preferred options at the time. Then we've signed some players and then barely played them. 

Sarri is to blame for Fabregas leaving though. If he was so interested in keeping him around, he'd have played him a lot more than he has done. That's ultimately what has forced Fabregas to look elsewhere. Don't be shocked if Zappacosta and Christensen follow suit within the next 6 months as well.