Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

running on the Abraham theme - who do these 3 goals remind you off?  All since Christmas!

He seems to stop the exact flight of the ball much earlier than anyone else.  Really strong too.
https://streamable.com/oh50g

https://streamable.com/7hh6r

https://streamable.com/dqp4i

(Thanks Juni for the clips)

Edited by Droy was my hero

Blue Rod   
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It means a lot if someone tried to steal him for £18m.
But I'd certainly argue that Tammy is better on loan at Villa than he would be on the bench at Chelsea.  Give him another 6 or better 18 months by which time I would hope he'll be starting for us on merit.  21 yo CFs at big clubs are very rare.  Kerry Dixon was 22 and brilliant from day 1, but we were 2nd division.  Ossie was brilliant when played up front, but I gather he often played midfield till he was 22.

I would be frustrated playing in a lower division if I think I am good enough to play in the PL. For all the goals he is banging in, it just feels like a backward step. It just makes it so far away from breaking into the Chelsea team, and he is 21 years old. Realistically speaking, the chance of him going from a Championship team to a Chelsea first team is as good as that of me lining up for England. 

jones   
16 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I would be frustrated playing in a lower division if I think I am good enough to play in the PL. For all the goals he is banging in, it just feels like a backward step. It just makes it so far away from breaking into the Chelsea team, and he is 21 years old. Realistically speaking, the chance of him going from a Championship team to a Chelsea first team is as good as that of me lining up for England. 

To be fair, it is only a few months since he struggled regularly in the PL. If I were him, I would happy playing well in the CL when it leads to PL clubs fighting for my signature. Being on the up definitivt better than being on the down. Dont think he is frustrated at all.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, jones said:

To be fair, it is only a few months since he struggled regularly in the PL. If I were him, I would happy playing well in the CL when it leads to PL clubs fighting for my signature. Being on the up definitivt better than being on the down. Dont think he is frustrated at all.

For a terrible team. 

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Nothing wrong with selling him to wolves as long as there is a buy back option for a reasonable amount of money. It suits everyone involved, most of all Tammy who gets some stability whilst being able to prove himself in the premier league with the guarantee of coming back if he's good enough.

lets get rid of tammy and Morata and I am sure ManUre would be more than willing to offload Lukaku to us.

Blue Rod   
2 minutes ago, jones said:

True, but he did not make them look much better.

Playing in a No9 position, it is an impossible task to improve a team that is chaotic and disorganised from defence through midfield. 

Imagine if Pochettino had said same about Kane. If I remember correctly he was struggling for a championship team before Pochettino started giving him chances in Europa league.

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

He didn't look frustrated last week!  I agree he should be on loan in the Prem next season.  Walking through the door in 2020 instead of banging on it from the bench all next year.

47 minutes ago, jones said:

True, but he did not make them look much better.

Actually for half a season he was one of Swansea's best players.  They did not improve later on.

40 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

lets get rid of tammy and Morata and I am sure ManUre would be more than willing to offload Lukaku to us.

I don't get this Lukaku whinging.  27 goals last season.  He has been one of their better value purchases.  Arguably the only good value signing.

12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't get this Lukaku whinging.  27 goals last season.  He has been one of their better value purchases.  Arguably the only good value signing.

They just dont like him over at United. Mainly, I think, because the likes of Sanchez, Martial and Rashford are far more media darlings.

We can do a lot worse than getting Lukaku in this summer.