Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chara   
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

A bit of research and I discover it is the Jimmy Murphy awards, which makes a bit more sense  :)

I think that is a common theme.  At every club.

Sorry Droy..of course you are right Jimmy not Danny..Freudian slip perhaps?..then again Murphy's law kicking in?

never heard of a third of them.
Most of the others famous only for never acvhieving what they promised - like Macheda.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6260811/From-Ryan-Giggs-Marcus-Rashford-player-won-Jimmy-Murphy-Award.html

Timely article.  Even Rashford is a bit of a cheat, he was about the 12th teenager tried out in the year.  No one thought he was special in the Academy till he was tried out in the first team. 

Ham   
55 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

A bit of research and I discover it is the Jimmy Murphy awards, which makes a bit more sense  :)

I think that is a common theme.  At every club.

Even at Glasgow Rangers currently 😮

paulw66   
7 hours ago, Kezza said:

Bayern head coach claims CHO will walk into his first team. 

No he didn't 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

I hope we made it clear to Real Madrid that there are no refunds or returns....

Screenshot_20190106-193646_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 shots on target 2 went in.....didn't watch the game just saw the stats

39 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

4 shots on target 2 went in.....didn't watch the game just saw the stats

1st was a penalty given away by another player, did not watch it either but apparently Madrid bombed forward second half to score and left him in a number of counter attacking situations. Sounds like this one wasn't on him, but still pleasurable to hear none the less. Wonder what his fans in Spain are thinking of his signing.

Arkie   
3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

1st was a penalty given away by another player, did not watch it either but apparently Madrid bombed forward second half to score and left him in a number of counter attacking situations. Sounds like this one wasn't on him, but still pleasurable to hear none the less. Wonder what his fans in Spain are thinking of his signing.

Losing him was such a non issue. I think Kepa is playing more or less on the same level as TC did ( in Chelsea shirt) for us. If not better, he is also younger and suits possession football more. H

5 minutes ago, Arkie said:

Losing him was such a non issue. I think Kepa is playing more or less on the same level as TC did ( in Chelsea shirt) for us. If not better, he is also younger and suits possession football more. H

We did have to pay 70 odd million for him though, not exactly a non issue when you think where else that could have been spent. But I agree in terms of performance not much difference at the moment, hopefully Kepa can get even better too whereas TC has peaked, possibly even declining.

ripz   

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8132614/chelsea-zappacosta-lazio-loan-bid-accepted/

Zappa loan to Lazio with £13.5m option in the summer? Sounds like nonsense figures again, I'd be amazed if true, don't see where we'd buy better for that money. Zappa has been a bit hard done by, more so considering how terrible Azpi is in attack. I'd rather see him finish the season then see what happens.

Edited by ripz