Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Would be **** on the club forcing him to stay when he's clearly not in Sarri's plans as it is. 

We should be doing the right thing as we've done with other players. Let him go so he can play again, something he isn't doing here and ultimately why he wants to go. 

If Sarri is so worried about getting a backup in first, he should have utilised Fabregas far more than he has done. 

You really should think about not blaming Sarri for something in every single post you write on here. We've disagreed on a lot but I always enjoyed the debate with you, now it's just nonsense , which is ironic as there is an awful lot of blame to be placed at the previous managers feet.

It's not the managers fault they won't offer Cesc more than a one year contract, it's not the managers fault they won't let him leave until they find a replacement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
10 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

You really should think about not blaming Sarri for something in every single post you write on here. We've disagreed on a lot but I always enjoyed the debate with you, now it's just nonsense , which is ironic as there is an awful lot of blame to be placed at the previous managers feet.

It's not the managers fault they won't offer Cesc more than a one year contract, it's not the managers fault they won't let him leave until they find a replacement. 

The core of the situation rests solely on Sarri. Had he made more of an attempt to use Fabregas this season opposed to giving him a marginal role, maybe we'd have a more content player on our hands and this situation doesn't happen mid-way through the season. Maybe Fabregas even agrees to stay on next season if he knows he'd still get meaningful game time? Who knows. None of that has happened though and we can't expect someone of Fabregas' quality to be satisfied with 176 PL minutes. 

Instead we now have a player that wants to leave so he can play regularly, and has even agreed a deal to leave, not to mention said his goodbye's. We should be doing the right thing by Fabregas for the service he's given and the professionalism he's shown - this part is on the club to do right. 

This boils down to playing time (or lack of) and not so much the length of a new contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Benzema is supremely underrated. He would improve us drastically. 

Don’t give up your day job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ripz   

scares me to think how much we might pay for Benzema, then with everything else on top it could be a very expensive 3 or 4 years if we actually managed to sign him. I can't remember anyone ever being a big success when being bought in their 30's, you know they're always going decline year on year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apprantly Bayern have just offered £35m for CHO. If he does not sign a contract extension we may have our hand forced. 

Edited by Conte Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
8 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

 

Instead we now have a player that wants to leave so he can play regularly, and has even agreed a deal to leave, not to mention said his goodbye's. We should be doing the right thing by Fabregas for the service he's given and the professionalism he's shown - this part is on the club to do right. 

 

How very romantic - the club should leave themselves short, so Cesc can play more. 

Not for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
Just now, Conte Kante said:

Apprantly Bayern have just offered £35m for CHO. If he dies not sign a contract extension we may have our hand forced. 

If he won't sign a new contract, we have little choice. £35m is insane money for someone who has done so little. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

If he won't sign a new contract, we have little choice. £35m is insane money for someone who has done so little. 

It's a Danny Drinkwater plus inflation virtually. 

This is coming back to bite us in the future when he's playing for City. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

The core of the situation rests solely on Sarri. Had he made more of an attempt to use Fabregas this season opposed to giving him a marginal role, maybe we'd have a more content player on our hands and this situation doesn't happen mid-way through the season. Maybe Fabregas even agrees to stay on next season if he knows he'd still get meaningful game time? Who knows. None of that has happened though and we can't expect someone of Fabregas' quality to be satisfied with 176 PL minutes. 

Instead we now have a player that wants to leave so he can play regularly, and has even agreed a deal to leave, not to mention said his goodbye's. We should be doing the right thing by Fabregas for the service he's given and the professionalism he's shown - this part is on the club to do right. 

This boils down to playing time (or lack of) and not so much the length of a new contract. 

A lot of guesses in there.

You have absolute no idea if the  reason he wants to leave is down to playing time or the fact the club wont offer him more than a one year contract. Absolutely no idea yet you state it like fact. 

I can tell you now that the reason he wants to leave is because the club won't offer him more than a one year contract.

What's really, really ironic is that he should have signed a new contract whilst your man was here but was never going to sign one whilst he was at the club.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arkie   

I blame Sarri for the situation . CHO doesn’t want a sign contract because there was no faith shown in him by the manager . Recently it seems Sarri was briefed to give some words of encouragement and promise some game time , but it’s a little too late and CHO is not stupid .

A very good young player , Bayern Munich are well run club and must see something in him which Sarri failed to spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now