Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Blue Rod   
1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Chelsea have said exactly the same, no?

Chelsea could 'promise' him he will play every match next season and be made captain after that... doesn't mean it will happen. Bayern could say they'll build the side around him... doesn't mean it will happen.

If CHO goes over there and play ok, but doesn't set the world on fire, will they keep playing him?

There is a risk for CHO if he stays and a risk if he goes, the promises mean nothing.

Chelsea have promised playing time. It has not materialised.  We have had more than enough opportunities to play CHO. While Sarri has his head buried in his Sarriball project, CHO could do a lot worse than check out other promises. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Chelsea have promised playing time. It has not materialised.  We have had more than enough opportunities to play CHO. While Sarri has his head buried in his Sarriball project, CHO could do a lot worse than check out other promises. 

I see both sides of the argument, I really do, but my view on it is that he's being advised badly and he should be giving it more time at Chelsea. I'd probably swing to the other side if this were his second season amongst the first team squad, rather than just 6 months in to his time in the first team squad. 

Also, if he has handed in a transfer request, then if I were the club I'd get him out asap - why continue to invest in him if he is so determined to not be here? Take the money and invest it in someone who is willing to work hard and make it at this club. NO player is bigger than the club.

I'm still not convinced he's handed one in though, he posted on Twitter and Instagram 16 hours ago a video of him in first team training, scoring goals. An odd thing to do if you want out.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

jones   
1 minute ago, Kezza said:

To be honest if he were at Barca or Man Utd he'd probably stay as there's a good chance he will break through and be trusted. We've only got ourselves to blame. We have not given any youth any meaningful chance of breaking through. Any youngsters would be concerned. He probably looked at the likes of Piazon, Baba, Miazga and say screw it. And a little bit of his closer mates like RLC and Tammy. Probably doesn't want to end up in the loan factory.

History aside, which is rather irrelevant on an individual level, there is nothing to suggest he will end up there. On course for 1000+ mins this season is a first time for a teenager at Chelsea since Terry, and remember CHO just recently turned 18. And 70k a week contract offer more than suggest he is getting special treatment here. 

He was about to break into the side this month. Unique opportunity. Should focus on his football. Instead his agents are playing a game about his future. Not my cup of tea.

BlueFizz   

CHO (IMO):

Highly talented prospect - looks good when he plays and is exciting to watch. Most of us want him to stay and succeed.

But - I recall what Jody Morris said (as a pundit before Liverpool away in the Carabao) - he’s a prospect, but unlike RL-C, not ready for a regular first team spot: lots to learn tactically about integrating with the team and what to do out of possession and in the defensive phase. Not my words - Jody’s and I respect his understanding of young players.

I also read that hid brother’s his agent... hmm, how lucky to have a brother who’s an experienced football agent to give you wise council.

Finally - no top club guarantees any young untested player minutes and really means it - if he goes to Bayern and has a dip in form, tires out after a few games (as players still growng mentally and physically do) he won’t play. It’s as simple as that.

I don’t blame him - he’s ambitious and impatient and can see what Sancho has done. I don’t blame us - he is still a prospect and no top club (not Liverpool, not City etc etc) will risk a prospect (however gifted) week in, week out these days.

I do wonder about the quality of advise he’s getting from those who represent him - because this seems to be an issue in the game at present. I’ve read opinions from pros/ex-pros/coaches at lots of clubs - all questioning the inpatience/sense of entitlement of young players.

For me, if he goes, we lose raw talent and potential not a guaranteed consistent high performer. If he’s not happy to take the minutes he gets, which are increasing, and continue learning his craft at his age then I think it says a lot about his immaturity. 

Edited by BlueFizz

Interesting fact from Chelsea Youth Twitter:

Ruben has started one Premier League match this season. Christensen has started one Premier League match this season. Ampadu has 0 Premier League minutes this season.

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Bad advice? From the likes of Ballack and Robben you mean? He will at the least get a chance to prove himself. Whether he makes it at Bayern is immaterial at this point. He just needs a place to at least show if he can make it to the top. At Chelsea that chance will never come at least judging by the interest Bayern showed he's inclined to think he can have more chances to play meaningful games.

Sorry - anyone who thinks you get more chances at Bayern than Chelsea is dreaming.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So are you saying Kane didn't take his chance? He surely did? He was 20 when he first started to get real game time and it his break out season he was 21 - yes older than CHO is now, but that's when he got his chance and my word did he take it.

No - you are changing you own quotes here.
I am saying that there is a list of players who at 18 were doing much greater things in the PL than CHO is now.  But Kane wasn't one of them.

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

To be honest if he were at Barca or Man Utd he'd probably stay as there's a good chance he will break through and be trusted. 

No - there is probably less chance.  Fabregas, Pogba.

57 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Funny I keep seeing him in a Chelsea shirt though.  One of us is clearly detached from reality.

52 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'm still not convinced he's handed one in though, he posted on Twitter and Instagram 16 hours ago a video of him in first team training, scoring goals. An odd thing to do if you want out.

Quite.  On Jan 27th if there is still a chance of a deal now, the last thing you do is jeopardise it by leaking a story guaranteed to upset you selling club.  Rather it is the kind of spiteful thing you do if you as player or agent, or agent's gang of mates, think no deal is happening.
Anyway we will see at 5.00pm when the team sheet comes out.

37 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

But - I recall what Jody Morris said (as a pundit before Liverpool away in the Carabao) - he’s a prospect, but unlike RL-C, not ready for a regular first team spot:

Another who peaked early, even captained the team in a game aged 20.  Hardly played for us once he reached 21.

Blue Rod   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Funny I keep seeing him in a Chelsea shirt though.  One of us is clearly detached from reality.

Lol. Droy, I go to bed every night, and wake every morning, in my Chelsea shirt. That is why I am staying. Bayern Munich can kiss their own arse. Thank you for bringing me back to reality. 

Edited by Blue Rod

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No - you are changing you own quotes here.
I am saying that there is a list of players who at 18 were doing much greater things in the PL than CHO is now.  But Kane wasn't one of them.

No I'm not. I said:

He's currently got 2 assists to his name at the top level, no goals, no game changing appearances from the bench, so for as out of form the others are, he hasn't proven he could do better yet - flip side is obviously he hasn't had the chance to prove it, however when he has had time on the field, he hasn't been a game changer, not the way players like Rooney, Fabregas, Kane were when they were given chances.

I referenced other players who broke through at a young age who took the chance when they were given it and gave the manager no other choice than to pick them, I didn't specify it had to be when they were 18... if that was the case, none of my example's are correct.

Where I am wrong however is I didn't count the goal he has also scored. :)

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite.  On Jan 27th if there is still a chance of a deal now, the last thing you do is jeopardise it by leaking a story guaranteed to upset you selling club.  Rather it is the kind of spiteful thing you do if you as player or agent, or agent's gang of mates, think no deal is happening.
Anyway we will see at 5.00pm when the team sheet comes out.

Yep, this will tell us a lot. If he's handed in a transfer request he won't be near this squad, so even f he's on the bench it should tell us no such request has gone in.