Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

jangz   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Literally no idea what your post was about then... Kane played some games and eventually scored some goals? Literally thousands of other players didn't. So? How is that relevant to Hudson-Odoi? 

He was never picked or given a chance above fit or current players. I think it's fair to say you implied he did by even bringing Defoe (wasn't there) and Soldado (injured and a different level of alleged crap to those in Hudson-Odoi's position) into it. Kane's chance was 'play Kane' versus 'play no one'. It was a chance given by circumstance, not a manager or by design. Hudson-Odoi isn't in a comparable situation. 

Be interested to even know what your argument is, let alone how I've strengthen it. 

Its actually a fairly simple point that in most cases for a youngster to establish himself in the first team he really needs to be setting the world alight.. CHO has not really done that in the limited opportunities he has had. 

Towards the end of the 2013-14 and beginning 2014-15 season Kane did that and became first choice.. CHO could do that and emulate Kane.. but more and more he looks like he is not sticking around so we wont really find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jangz said:

Its actually a fairly simple point that in most cases for a youngster to establish himself in the first team he really needs to be setting the world alight.. CHO has not really done that in the limited opportunities he has had. 

Towards the end of the 2013-14 and beginning 2014-15 season Kane did that and became first choice.. CHO could do that and emulate Kane.. but more and more he looks like he is not sticking around so we wont really find out.

Fair enough... Spurs would, I imagine, quickly spent a lot of money on an established striker had 2014-15 not gone as it did for Kane. Hudson-Odoi's issue is that those players Spurs would have hypothetically bought actually exist at Chelsea. 

I do wonder if we'd have more great kids established here if only we'd suffered more injuries here in the last few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea foot   
42 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Fair enough... Spurs would, I imagine, quickly spent a lot of money on an established striker had 2014-15 not gone as it did for Kane. Hudson-Odoi's issue is that those players Spurs would have hypothetically bought actually exist at Chelsea. 

I do wonder if we'd have more great kids established here if only we'd suffered more injuries here in the last few years. 

Then I blame the excellent medical staff we had Mr Fog.😊 What luck that we seem to be getting niggling injuries just as a great bunch of youngsters are coming through. Pity that they seem to be getting them as well. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jangz   
22 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Then I blame the excellent medical staff we had Mr Fog.😊 What luck that we seem to be getting niggling injuries just as a great bunch of youngsters are coming through. Pity that they seem to be getting them as well. 😂

RLC was bad timing .. I think he had placed himself above Barkley and was very close to the 11... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Another who peaked early, even captained the team in a game aged 20.  Hardly played for us once he reached 21.

Just shows how hard it is to assess potential. I for one stopped hyping a player for greatness after Kakuta. I was almost certain he was going to be the next big thing. Too many factors to consider to make such claims, I have learned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jangz said:

CHO starting then.. let’s see.

If he’s thinking so highly of himself it’s only right he gets judged as harshly as the rest of the squad. 

So far he’s done nothing. 37 mins against a Championship team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

If he’s thinking so highly of himself it’s only right he gets judged as harshly as the rest of the squad. 

So far he’s done nothing. 37 mins against a Championship team. 

Yep agree there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

If he’s thinking so highly of himself it’s only right he gets judged as harshly as the rest of the squad. 

So far he’s done nothing. 37 mins against a Championship team. 

He's a perfect fit then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's a perfect fit then.

The seniors are even trying to involve him all the time during the game. He sees a lot of the ball but offers nothing when he’s got it. 

If he wants to play regularly at this level he needs to create problems for the opposition defence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now