Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Jasonb   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Spot on, as usual Martin.

In regards to the initial point about him starting on Wednesday, I think Bournemouth away is a tricky game, and we have to go with our best XI 

Agree about this being a tricky game so you cannot use more than one non-regular to start (ideally) and I think that will be Emerson though would expect both RLC and CHO to feature in the 2nd half.

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Spot on, as usual Martin.

In regards to the initial point about him starting on Wednesday, I think Bournemouth away is a tricky game, and we have to go with our best XI 

Yes it is. And I think until we are safe in the top 4, which probably won't be until the last game of the season we should start our best 11 in every league game. I'm sure everyone would agree with that, it's just whether people genuienly believe Hudson Odoi is better than Pedro, Willian and arguable Loftus Cheek.

Sea foot   

Personally I think that Pedro is on the slide now so that CHO is getting closer every day. Willian is inconsistent so CHO will be a good a choice to share the load. As for RLC, they are completely different players so one can't compare IMO. 

I see no reason why he shouldn't be getting at least 6 or 7 PL starts for the rest of the season. We should be happy to have youngsters knocking on the door.

1 minute ago, Sea foot said:

Personally I think that Pedro is on the slide now so that CHO is getting closer every day. Willian is inconsistent so CHO will be a good a choice to share the load. As for RLC, they are completely different players so one can't compare IMO. 

I only mentioned Loftus Cheek as he has been played as one of the AM's and did ok. At the time Sarri obviously fancied him above CHO, maybe that's changed now though but maybe not. 

1 minute ago, Sea foot said:

I see no reason why he shouldn't be getting at least 6 or 7 PL starts for the rest of the season. We should be happy to have youngsters knocking on the door.

If he starts  6 or 7 games between now and the end of the season, that's nearly 50% of our remaining league games. In a season were nothing other than top 4 matters playing someone who isn't as good as others in half your games during the run in is utter madness. 

It would mean having Williian and Pedro on the bench as Hazard is almost guarnteed to start, so we've got to ask ourselves is he good enough, right now, to be keeping both of those out of the team.

paulw66   
23 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Personally I think that Pedro is on the slide now s

1105 minutes and 7 PL goals. One every 158 minutes. 

Phenomenal scoring record, much like his entire career. 

Take away penalties, and he has scored the same number as Hazard. 

Edited by paulw66

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'd suggest that it might be to start him in the Premier League, for a change. Next game would be a good start.........

1 hour ago, synavm said:

For me CHO would now be marginally ahead of Willian and Pedro in the pecking order. He's worked hard, he's delivered in games. The transfer request was in my view poorly advised, but we have to now prove that by starting him in the league.

A lot of wishful thinking going on here.  CHO is still our 4th choice AM by some margin,  and I can't see Hazard playing at CF again now that we have 2 fit, available and competent CFs, while for most of January we had none.
Moreover he is still at school/college, just 18, and not going to start 2 games in 4 days.  Whatever Sarri thinks of the transfer muddle (probably not much) the club will not be encouraging him to pick CHO as a result (and no deal in the summer means he will be frozen out next year, just like Solanke was).

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

The way Sarri has handled him is perfect, he was put straight into the first team squad, given a chance to train with them every day and show the manager what he's all about. He's a work in progress and most of that work will be done on the training ground. He's now been given the opportunity to get more game time and he will get more and more. He's still not ready to start games ahead of Willian or Pedro. If they are fit they play. It's quite simple. 

Exactly

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

If Bayern were not interested I don't think anyone would have an issue with how has been handled. 

Rather if Chelsea were not involved.  The Times did a big thing on CHO's background, so struggled to find anything negative about Chelsea.  But it was amusing to see a small piece below congratulating Man City for reaching £150m in sales from the Academy.  In particular crediting them for the £12m sale of some 18 year old they took off Cardiff not long before.

There was also a big piece about violence at Millwall which likewise failed to find anything negative to add about Chelsea,  So the author added a box that could have been written by Nobly, Kev61, or Blue Rod about Chelsea never using their Academy until they get rid of the yesman manager Sarri and replace him with real managers, by which they mean Lampard/Morris.  Quite funny.

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

I only mentioned Loftus Cheek as he has been played as one of the AM's and did ok. At the time Sarri obviously fancied him above CHO, maybe that's changed now though but maybe not. 

Ah RLC.  I certainly agree hat RLC should be 4th choice AM ahead of CHO.  Unfortunately during January, with 2 CFs and Pedro out, RLC got injured.
I think RW is ideal for RLC, better than CM - after all he does beat a man very easily, the question mark over him is stopping him trying to beat players in our own half.

But as far as I can see he has only started at AM once, int eh cup against Forest, was dreadful for 45 mins and then came off (injured it turned out, but I wasn't sure at the time)

It is also worth pointing out to all the "CHO shouters", that RLC under Sarri has guess how many PL starts?  One.

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Do he think on merit (ignoring the Bayern stuff) that he is currently better than Willian and or Pedro?

As someone who wanted him in the team and playing more based on his pre-season efforts to start the season, it isn't so much about who is better than who from an overall perspective. Naturally, two senior players are going to have better overall games than an 18 year old who is starting his senior career. It's more about his talent and potential possibly being better in the long term, while still having enough ability at present to make an impact. To get that to that point though he needs to play more than he has done in the PL. That's how he's going to develop his overall game quicker and become a better player. If that's at the expense of an ageing Willian or Pedro now and again, so be it. Playing CHO more regularly isn't going to really break our season or hinder our chance of winning games - not when other sides around us are able to include a couple of younger players and have them play more significant roles.