Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

In the next three years:

City will win three PL leagues

Hazard will leave to PSG or Real

City will win one CL and at least one treble, possibly more

And nothing of that will bother as much as this

I'm not glory hunter so telling me to support City makes no sense.

Thanks for cheering me up!

You're looking at this from completely the wrong perspective. It's not a case of what Mata has done/could still do for us, lack of current playing time, bench-warmer status etc... it's what Mata can offer United if he joins them. I don't want Mata to leave. However, I do understand that his role at the club since Jose returned has become and will no doubt continue to be peripheral, and that he needs and indeed deserves to be playing regularly for a top club. BUT YOU SIMPLY DO NOT HELP STRENGTHEN YOUR RIVALS

I was responding to someone that said we are no better than Arsenal when they sold RVP, Nasri, Clichy etc. Which is not true.

Khobar   

To all hose who insist you do not sell to your rivals, do you suggest we should have sounded out Torquay on their interest in Mata? The only people who could countenance buying Mata are going to be, by definition, our rivals in one competition or another. And is it fair to restrict Mata on his choice of destination? I thought he would be happier on the continent but if he fancies Manchester then that's his prerogative.

As for strengthening Utd, well yes it (potentially) does but does anyone really believe that had they not got Mata (IF they do) that they would by default fail to get any other player of quality? Fanciful.

I think that the main problem with this move is that people don't fancy seeing him succeed so close to home, but in the greater scheme of things it makes little difference where he ends up.

Quite surprised that only a slightly desperate Man Utd have made an offer though.

I was responding to someone that said we are no better than Arsenal when they sold RVP, Nasri, Clichy etc. Which is not true.

Given you weren't actually quoting anyone, it wasn't exactly clear... it seemed that you were OK with Mata going to Utd on the basis that he hadn't contributed much this season.

cam4blue   

If you cannot read in between the lines of my points, then I cannot help you. Mata did not play a single minute in pre-season.

Mata played 45 minutes against both Milan & Inter.

Hazard, Oscar et al all did. Mata played the second game and that was it. He did not start for another 5 games or there about. (I hope my fact are right. I haven't verified this).

He started against Villa, missed the United and Bayern games, then started against Everton.

2 games.

How can he be effective when he hasn't has a constant run of games?

He has started 14 games. That is plenty of opportunity to make himself indispensable. That he has under-performed in those games is beyond dispute.

I like him a lot as a player, and I do not want to see him go, but there is no need to invent nonsense to defend him.

The others in his position have out-performed him, so they play more often. He is unhappy about that so he wants out, which is understandable. Man Utd are seemingly willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money for one of our back-up players who wants out. If this happens, I'll be very sad to see him go, but he is too good a player to start half our games and whether he leaves now or in the summer I would be surprised if spent too much longer at the club whatever happened.

life   

People say united are dead, last season we were about 20 points behind them, are we dead?, I said earlier, we may have awoken a beast, united out of top 4 would have finished them off for the next 5 years..