Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just now, chara said:

Not for the first time!

Indeed, and if it's true that it was done in April it really shows how little knowledge the media has of our transfer plans.

58 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

2 goals, 2 assists.

No better than what we have. In fact, worse. Significantly. 

he's rubbish

The Giroud extension surely means Tammy won't be around next season, in which case we must surely have a striker in mind. I don't think it ever was or will be Lukaku, very rarely do Chelsea's transfer dealings get leaked in the way they all wanted us to believe for Lukaku and if it was, my guess it's a smokescreen for someone else. I don't think it will be Haaland, I can't help but think he's destined for Real Madrid, no idea how they could afford him though, but I'm sure UEFA will turn a blind eye when it happens. I think it's more likely we go for a 'lesser name' than all those we've been discussing... I just have no idea who.

chara   
2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The Giroud extension surely means Tammy won't be around next season, in which case we must surely have a striker in mind. I don't think it ever was or will be Lukaku, very rarely do Chelsea's transfer dealings get leaked in the way they all wanted us to believe for Lukaku and if it was, my guess it's a smokescreen for someone else. I don't think it will be Haaland, I can't help but think he's destined for Real Madrid, no idea how they could afford him though, but I'm sure UEFA will turn a blind eye when it happens. I think it's more likely we go for a 'lesser name' than all those we've been discussing... I just have no idea who.

My theory is Tammy on loan as Giroud eases into his retirement,,,hopefully to return after a good loan spell at a club that matters and uses him properly.

Tammy had very successful loans but as a youngster rather than as a player to prove a point and improve.

As ever great admiration for the Chelsea dealings....no real leaks just media click bait for the most part..throw out enough headlines and something will stick eventually.

I was very interested in the body language and total involvement of ALL the Chelsea squad at the final whistle....heady time I know but specifically Giroud and Tammy (but every player}did not look like players heading for the door.

I await with great anticipation.......

3 minutes ago, chara said:

My theory is Tammy on loan as Giroud eases into his retirement,,,hopefully to return after a good loan spell at a club that matters and uses him properly.

Tammy had very successful loans but as a youngster rather than as a player to prove a point and improve.

As ever great admiration for the Chelsea dealings....no real leaks just media click bait for the most part..throw out enough headlines and something will stick eventually.

I was very interested in the body language and total involvement of ALL the Chelsea squad at the final whistle....heady time I know but specifically Giroud and Tammy (but every player}did not look like players heading for the door.

I await with great anticipation.......

I agree Chara, that's exactly what I'm thinking and hoping for. Let Tammy go and have a full season somewhere, with a brief of the areas Tuchel thinks he needs to improve on, Giroud then continues for another season, allowing Tammy to then come back and slot in as CF2 or even CF2, depending on how next season goes for him and the Chelsea strikers left over.

1 hour ago, Proud-Blue said:

Giroud's contract has been extended by a year. The club has caught us by surprise!

Not at all, the club is covering all base. It does however indicate that the club will not be breaking the bank this summer, which is inline with the clubs policy over the years. 

A striker like Belotti at Torino for

~£40m is probably the best one can expect this summer “ which is not the worst singing in the and will gives the coach a different attacking option and tactics”

for his CL effort and contract extension, the club will get him a play of his choice, the rest like Belotti will be from the football committee. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Haaland, I can't help but think he's destined for Real Madrid, no idea how they could afford him though, but I'm sure UEFA will turn a blind eye when it happens.

I suspect it will be domestic politics that prevents RM being funded by city or state.  Tough couple of years for a tourist country, and plenty would object.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

think it's more likely we go for a 'lesser name' than all those we've been discussing..

bigger name I reckon.  Final jigsaw player.  After all we know have a manager who sees the big picture and knows how to put the pieces together.

So the Conte and Levy honeymoon period didn't get past the first night... what a surprise. It's a shame in a way as it could have been quite amusing seeing how it would have blown up.

What is more interesting, however, is what this means for Kane... if he was still considering if spurs were the place for him to stay and try and win trophies, then seeing one of the games top managers and serial winners decide that the clubs' ambitions and setup aren't for him, can't be very reassuring for the England striker. Now might just be the time to get Mount to whisper in his ear and to test how firm Levy may try and stand.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2021 at 6:00 PM, Proud-Blue said:

Indeed, and if it's true that it was done in April it really shows how little knowledge the media has of our transfer plans.

The silence is golden, speculation is rife but facts are few.

• Like 1

RDCW   

So, who needs to go?

Kepa, Emerson, Zappa, Zouma, Alonso, Barkley, Ziyech, Pulisic, Tomori, Drinkwater, Bats, Bakayoko, Rahman, Moses, Kennedy, Abraham. (16)

Who needs to come in?

GK2, Varane, LB2, Rice, MF playmaker, Hazard, Haaland, Kane (8)

By my reckoning that leaves us with:

Mendy, GK2, Zigler

Dave, James, Christensen, Silva, Rudiger, Varane, Chilwell, LB2.

Kante, Rice, Loftus Cheek, Jorginho, Kovacic, MF PM, Mount, Gilmour.

Hudson-Odoi, Havertz, Werner, Haaland, Kane, Giroud, Hazard.

• Haha 1