Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

14 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Haven't seen much of him but what needs to be remembered is that the Euros group stage is now dross with 24 teams. 

It will be dross until the semis at the earliest

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Imagine if Leicester had won their game - we'd be going into the CL forced to win to qualify for next years tournament.

Imagine if we had beaten WBA, the last game would have been irrelevant. All these what ifs are quite pointless because for every one made there is an alternative.

We certainly did not fail. TT changed the mentality and we won the CL and qualified for the top 4. Neither were likely under SFL who unfortunately appeared to have lost his way

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bert19 said:

What are others here making of Locatelli? 

I've not seen much of him before, but he's looking mightily impressive for Italy so far.  23, 6ft1, looks full of energy and seems to have an eye for a pass.  I've been quite impressed so far, but not seen enough of him to really make a definitive judgement on if he could play for a team like us..

Full of energy, he was everywhere last night, Sassuolo have improved this season largely due to him and Berardi

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Well, how about this for an observation.........look at the amount of rotating TT had to do near the end because of the knockout CL games when everyone (bar City) was having a rest.

There is no way with a straight face you can argue that the CL run didn't have a negative impact on the league results at the end. Kante, for example, undoubtedly would have played at Villa park if there was no CL final the week after. 

Of course, but rotation is the name of the game if you want to be a 90+ points team and CL contenders every year. So no point crying over that, it's what it takes to be where City and Liverpool have been for a number of years now. 

If we want to aspire to match them we will have to live with it. So hardly an acceptable excuse either case. Especially since we are to believe we have the second best squad in the world by quite a few members on here.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

No, its clearly based on observation.

No it's not. You are basing your viewpoint on something that isn't observable. It's not like identifying when the sun is up or down. You base it on assumptions and what you think and how you read the situation. It's not based on observation. For something to be observable it needs to be tangible.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

You would expect some natural / organic growth by virtue of having the whole season, and not 24 hours notice.

Add, what would that 76 points with a top goalscorer (which was Martin's point) ? 

If you had added a Kane or a Haaland standard striker to last season, we'd be at least 10 points better off.

But we didn't and as of now, still don't. What may happen in the future is anyones guess. But at this point in time it's Haaland or staying with a striker trio of Havertz, Werner and Giroud. So... Martin's pov is only relevant if and when we manage to sign Haaland. That is far from a certainty.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Well no, we did not fail. We ended up 4th over the course of the season. The result on the last day is as irrelevant as a loss at any other point throughout the season as it made no difference. Dramatic maybe but completely irrelevant. 

Eh... Ok? So we have everything in our own hands ahead of the final game and throw it away against Villa. Sure it's a failure. That Spurs turned it around against Leicester isn't something I'd use to talk us up. It's called luck.

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

What are others here making of Locatelli? 

A very, very good player and would fit well in the PL. He'll be of to one of the big boys before too long.

15 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Imagine if we had beaten WBA, the last game would have been irrelevant.

Imagine if we won all our games we'd end up on 114 points! As it were, we weren't even close winning against WBA instead getting trashed 2-5 at home.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Diddymen   

Been reading quite a few stories that the Hakimi deal is imminent. What does that mean for Livramento? Joe Tweeds - who is well informed in Chelsea youth teams said that he was one of the best young RWBs he has seen, but he only has a year left in the contract. Would be a shame if he were to leave

18 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Imagine if we won all our games we'd end up on 114 points! As it were, we weren't even close winning against WBA instead getting trashed 2-5 at home.

As I said we can all imagine anything we want but TT arrived mid season to a demoralised squad he couldnt add to,  he certainly exceeded expectations of many but you can't forgive him a couple of loses. Yes it was terrible against WBA but many of the other games against many more important teams and managers he won. If its the style of play then I think he has a right to add some players he wants before he is so harshly critiqued

21 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Of course, but rotation is the name of the game if you want to be a 90+ points team and CL contenders every year. So no point crying over that, it's what it takes to be where City and Liverpool have been for a number of years now. 

If we want to aspire to match them we will have to live with it. So hardly an acceptable excuse either case. Especially since we are to believe we have the second best squad in the world by quite a few members on here.

No it's not. You are basing your viewpoint on something that isn't observable. It's not like identifying when the sun is up or down. You base it on assumptions and what you think and how you read the situation. It's not based on observation. For something to be observable it needs to be tangible.

Ok Dave, your too clever for me.

Clearly our form did not change, we did not rotate more and players with knocks were not wrapped up in cotton wool when we reached the latter stages of the champions league.

All the above I did not observe in the literal sense of the word so you got me.

Eh... Ok? So we have everything in our own hands ahead of the final game and throw it away against Villa. Sure it's a failure. That Spurs turned it around against Leicester isn't something I'd use to talk us up. It's called luck.

So the entire Premier league season was a failure or one game at the end?

Funny I would class our league season overall as a season of two halfs. First half catastrophic,  second half body brilliant but you seem to want to call it a failure because of one result or am I missing something?

29 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I really can't blame him for taking that opportunity. I just hope he's not one of those players that ends up becoming world class and getting bought by one of our rivals. 

26 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Best of luck to him 

Meanwhile

IMG_20210617_131826.jpg

Is this person reliable?