Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I am not sold on Schick yet. He's had a good tournament, but I remember players like Djibril Cisse looking like world-beaters at world cups. As others have pointed out, his domestic record is poor.

I really don't think we're going to manage to get Haaland. If Dortmund sell Sancho they are not going to sell two of their best players. By all accounts it looks like Haaland is happy to stay at Dortmund for one more year as well. There's no urgency for him to move since he'll be playing in the Champions League.

As for Lukaku... I personally think he's class. However, I'm not entirely sure he'll fit at Chelsea unless we manage to find another Fabregas for the double six. He's always going to want to the ball to come forward quickly and to feet. I think we're also all a little concerned with his first touch. But I don't doubt his ability to score when the setup of the team is right for him.

At this rate we might be relying on Havertz to play up front. That may work out though.

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

At this rate we might be relying on Havertz to play up front. That may work out though.

I'd rather buy nobody than buy an ordinary forward for 30-40m

I think we will get more goals out of most of our forwards next season, especially Werner and Havertz. 

Just now, paulw66 said:

I think we will get more goals out of most of our forwards next season, especially Werner and Havertz. 

We surely can't get less goals. Surely. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Looks like Gilmour is off to Norwich for a year long loan. Still think this is a mistake. As Souness said, he would learn far more at Chelsea with a dozen or so appearances than he will at Norwich playing maybe half the time. I'm just waiting for the inevitable midfield injury crisis meaning Christensen has to move up the pitch.

A dozen or so starts in the Prem - yes.  2 starts, a dozen sub appearances and the domestic cup games - no.  That would be much more likely.
More to the point, what will the club learn about Gilmour if he only has 2 tough games in the season?

Christensen, Azpi, James, Emerson (if still here), Mount, (Gallgher if here) - there is no shortages for CM4.  More if we go to a back 4 when pretty much all the AMs could play in 2 of the CM3 positions.

Holymoly   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Why would he play only half the time? he walks into that side 

I don't think he will be a regular. That said though if he walks into that side where is the incentive to improve? I just don't want to lose him to a club that is prepared to trust him when our attitude seems to be if he's a teenager and didn't cost us £30m he can't be good enough. His performances show he is. 

12 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I don't think he will be a regular. That said though if he walks into that side where is the incentive to improve? I just don't want to lose him to a club that is prepared to trust him when our attitude seems to be if he's a teenager and didn't cost us £30m he can't be good enough. His performances show he is. 

Scott Sinclair, Mancienne, McEachran, CHO, RLC, Ampadu, I lost count over the years the teenagers who fans said were good enough to be starting for us. They based it on performances too.
I think the only one who was (in the sense of genuinely being a first 16 player) was Mikel.  (Maybe Huth, but most would disagree with me on that).

A few teenagers have made good by their early 20s.  Mostly with the huge benefit of going out of loan,

Jasonb   
4 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

I am not sold on Schick yet. He's had a good tournament, but I remember players like Djibril Cisse looking like world-beaters at world cups. As others have pointed out, his domestic record is poor.

I really don't think we're going to manage to get Haaland. If Dortmund sell Sancho they are not going to sell two of their best players. By all accounts it looks like Haaland is happy to stay at Dortmund for one more year as well. There's no urgency for him to move since he'll be playing in the Champions League.

As for Lukaku... I personally think he's class. However, I'm not entirely sure he'll fit at Chelsea unless we manage to find another Fabregas for the double six. He's always going to want to the ball to come forward quickly and to feet. I think we're also all a little concerned with his first touch. But I don't doubt his ability to score when the setup of the team is right for him.

I think we will get someone though may be late in the day and some what down the priority list like 3rd or 4th choice.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

I don't think he will be a regular. That said though if he walks into that side where is the incentive to improve? I just don't want to lose him to a club that is prepared to trust him when our attitude seems to be If he's a teenager and didn't cost us £30m he can't be good enough. His performances show he is. 

The incentive to improve is to be good enough to play for Chelsea. If his ambition is to stroll around at Norwich, then he may as well go now. (I don't think it is, BTW)

Why would we lose him anywhere? It's a loan. If he does well enough, he'll come back

Mount, James.........two first team regulars, champions league starters, who didn't cost us 30m.